Comm check

I signed up for the Eternal-September newsreader and posted this to see if I exist.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

You do , but I've been having problems connecting with e-s for a couple of days . Must be fixed now ...

Reply to
Snag

And I still can't connect - I'm hooked to tera for most groups and keep e-s as a backup , read one group there to keep the account active .

Reply to
Snag

Google Groups has been down since June 25. Sunspots? Gypsies?

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

I'd have no idea , never used it .

Reply to
Snag

I've been using it (Eternal-September) the past few days without any drama. Only odd thing I noticed is Harold Vordos posts aren't coming through. Suspect that his news provider isn't being scanned/updated at Eternal-September. Every so often I notice his signature in some quoted material but not the original post.

Here is the address I've been using right along:

news.eternal-september.org

Reply to
Leon Fisk

news:alt.free.newsservers is a group that discusses free usenet servers. You might want to find a few spares, just in case.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I like Google Groups when it functions. It lacks filtering but the spam died down a while ago and the hatemongering is easier to ignore than TV commercials. It allows redirecting an idiot's followups to alt.dev.null like the Mac newsreader I formerly used.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

I think that you must not exist. I don't see it. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Don't we have enough existential angst here already?

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

When Tbird flaked out the last time, and our workplace went to a MS Exchange system, I gave up and went to Google Groups. Works fine so far.

Reply to
Rex