Common Lathe Spindle Bores ?

Anyone know of a table which lists the bore dimensions for common lathe spindles? The MT tables I've found don't include the pass-through diameter...

Thanks

Reply to
Dave

If they are just morse tapers, expect the pass through diameter to be very near the small end of the applicable morse taper size, which is to say, not very big, in general.

IIRC 1 and 3/8" is the minimum bore to use 5C collets in.

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
trevor jones

Well I was also curious about the D spindles and whatever else is considered "common."

Reply to
Dave