compound curve handrail

I just took on a 3 piece handrail job, two of rails are straight forward, the third is a different story, it decends down 12 stairs then curves in an arc following the last four stairs to the bottom, I was able to match the bend of the arc no problem, only to realize it must also twist on its axis in order to be level on the horizontal just before the lambs tounge. The material is 2 by 3/8s flat bar, is there anyway to get the proper twist without making a mock up jig of the stairs? Any ideas would be appreciated, Thanks, Jeff

Reply to
astralanvil

I know exactly what you are describing I had to do that 3 years ago on the Las Vegas railing I did.

Bend it onsite wih a BIG rosebud tip on a torch.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Thanks Ernie, that may be my best bet, have a few other ideas, but so far yours sounds like the simplest solution.

Reply to
astralanvil