Convert to Vertical (semi) Permanently

I recently picked up a 7x12 horizontal bandsaw. The 4x6(8) has started that point in its life where it has one problem after another. I did fix all of them, but I don't really need it anymore. I can't really complain. I did get several years of light commercial use out of it.

I was thinking of adjusting the blade to have less twist, and setting it up (semi) permanently as a vertical bandsaw with a little more substantial table than the stamped sheet metal one it comes with. Of course I can always tilt the bigger saw up and use it vertically, but I was also thinking of leaving a fine pitch blade in the little one as well to make some sorts of cuts easier and safer.

I'd take it off its current stand and make one with a smaller foot print and back legs to stabilize it from toppling over backwards.

Is it a stupid idea? Suggestions? Have you done something like this?

Reply to
Bob La Londe