Cool new product

This look kinda usefull, a guy walked in to my shop yesterday with
one. He was here earlier for me to make a part for his trike. then
came back to show me this thing.

or

Cool, but I find my TIG torch can heat things pretty quick too.
Remove 333 to reply.
Randy
Reply to
Randy333
Now that is petty cool!
Reply to
Jim Levie
Yes it can -- but an induction heater (not this hand held one, obviously) can apply the heat in a vacuum enclosure or an inert gas enclosure, to prevent oxidation of the workpiece. You can feed enough inert gas with your TIG, but it would not work in a vacuum. :-)
And I didn't see what this one used for power -- it might be easier to get into tight spaces.
Enjoy, DoN.
Reply to
DoN. Nichols
The video on their site,
is captioned with "corded 110v"
Reply to
Steve Ackman
If they could get the price low enough, a lot of folks would buy that.
Dave
Reply to
Dave__67