Need a pill 'popper'

--I'm getting seriously pissed off at those foil packaged pills that require major surgery to remove. Has anyone come up with anything useful to dislodge them? Maybe a modified olive pitter or some such?

Reply to
steamer

I just poke a hole in the foil and push the pill out from the other side. The plastic coated foil is fairly weak after it's punctured. A pocket knife, or small pair od surgical scissors work great. OTOH, I sometimes just open a batch and put them in an old pill bottle so I don't have to fool with them very often.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

, Titanium: =A0

Reply to
dcaster

I just push them out from the other side, splitting the foil. If the foil is plastic-backed and won't split, like a ketchup package, and doesn't have a starter notch, I just grab a sharp knife or scissors.

Hope This Helps! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Razor knife as I call them, always carry one. Nothing worse than a life draining cold or headache and having to dick around with getting a pill that doesn't help much anyhow out of the package.

I want to know what everybody else says to the doctors that gets them good drugs. They never let me have anything. Your in the best country in the world ya can handle life on aspirin, they seem to say to me.

That or off to the feed store and buying Therimiesen (antibiotics) for my imaginary goat. I'm always nervous about doing that and such a terrible liar, especially with a sore throat.

SW

Reply to
Sunworshipper

Agreed!

Well ... I've seen one on a TV report about how a nursing home, when the resident dies, has to flush all the pills allocated to that patient -- not re-use them to save someone else money.

I saw them using a lever/cam operated thing which punched out all the pill compartments at one time. I suspect that you would need several sets of dies -- one for each pattern.

What I normally do is use my thumbnail to cut the from the foil side half way or 3/4 way around the pill compartment, and then press from the other side to pop it out. Sometimes, with really tough foil, I use a knife with a good point to cut 3/4 way around the pill.

Good Luck, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

--Aha! That's exactly the problem! I turned 65 and got switched to WalMart and those !@#$% blue plastic dispensers that seriously suck.. Thanks for the tip; I didn't know I had an option any more..