Dealing w/Canopy Mold Lines & Scratches

I posted a new article on www.cybermodeler.com dealing with those frustrating Hasegawa (and others) mold lines on the canopy as well as
scratching due to poor packaging. We look at Micro-Mesh and remove some scratches and a mold line on the Hasegawa 1/32 F-16 canopy. Check it out!
--
Respectfully,

Michael Benolkin
Michael Benolkin wrote:

There's an even easier way - scrape the seam down carefully with a razor blade, and then use a piece of used (and it needs to be used, not right out of the box) Bounce fabric softener sheet to hand polish it. Then final polish off any waxy residue with a piece of clean flannel. Works great.
--
- Rufus

Rufus wrote:

Rufus:
    You forgot the final step- a dip in Future!
                    Bill Shuey                 (who even uses Future for floors) :-)
William H. Shuey wrote:

You know, I've never tried that. I like the way the Future treatment looks, but I've always assumed that Future may not stick to any residue left behind by the Bounce. It's the combination of the waxiness of the the fabric softener and the roughness of the sheet that makes the technique work.
I'll have to try it on a scrap canopy and see.
--
- Rufus

I got good enough polishing canopies that I don't need Future.....
"William H. Shuey" wrote:

Same here, it really is just plain easy to sand and polish them out.
Also helps that Micro Mark sells sandpaper, and polishing pads up to 25,000 grit too :)
"William H. Shuey" wrote:

I've used fresh Bounce for removing cat hair from rugs. After that they're no good for anything.
Bill Banaszak, MFE

bill, any chane you got an airfix he 111 canopy in your spares box. i can't seem to heat and smash one. the one i have is barely a mold.
e wrote:

    Sorry, I don't!
        Bill Shuey

you mean the pile of bottomless kits doesn't have one? waaaa!
e wrote:

It's possible I have one in the spares box. I'll try to remember to look tonight.
Bill Banaszak, MFE

you can have my first born.
e wrote:

Save the baby. None there but if you ever want any Ju 88 canopy parts I have some of those and a Frog Bf 110G canopy too.
Bill Banaszak, MFE
'e',
I suspect most of the Ju 88s are from Revell with at least one Airfix and Frog. Right now what I'm mostly looking for is a certain discontinued Testors paint. You want 'em, I'll mail 'em to you.
Bill Banaszak, MFE

yes please. what paint? i have a few 70's testors and pactra's that are still viable.
e wrote:

Model Master Manganese Brown Metallic spray. I'm not sure just when it was discontinued but I have a couple of cars that I planned to use it on and one that was started. I'm not really into 'hot' colours on cars and that seems where Testors is headed.
Bill Banaszak, MFE

damn, sorry bill.

What kind of frame are you using? I've been playing with some blister packaging, maybe I could make you one. hth
The Keeper (of too much crap)

the sirfix kit. i could use two. i will gladly burn you a music cd of your pick.

I'll see what I can dig out over the weekend. Later,
The Keeper (of too much crap)