copper chem reaction

That would depend on the environment and the application. Will moisture be present? Galvanic corrosion will happen with practically any metal pair, and you can't avoid mix-n-match in many applications. (Steel studs in an alloy head, fr'instance.) Will you need to take the pieces apart some time in the future? Is appearance critical? (too many questions....)

What sort of thing are you making?

-- Jeff R.

Reply to
Jeff R

So.. that'll be HSS against copper, yes? A little oil in the bore? In motion most of the time? Only for one season?

Go for it. No galvanic problems there.

-- Jeff R.

Reply to
Jeff R

*Especially* with failure. Bob
Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

I know it's not wise to connect different metals such as copper tubing to galvinazed steel pipe because of a chemical reaction between the metals, but does that hold true for metals like aluminum and brass? Aluminum and copper? I am a novice and tend to build my projects out of scrap stock and things I can salvage, so I end up mixing a lot of different metals. Any help appreaciated. John Morris.

Reply to
john morris

Reply to
john morris