crimped brass scratch brush

Does anyone in the group have a source for crimped brass scratch brushes(rotary type). I've checked with Gornell and they have a 6 brush/

180 buck minimum, a tad to much for an experiment. I would appreciate any suggestions, BTW the application is cleaning up and satin finishing lead sheet. Tried almost everything including wet and dry scotchbrite, I remember from plating days that a soft scratch brush with a slurry of fine pumice or whiting was used on soft metals prior to silverplating.

TIA, Ed Angell

Reply to
Ed Angell

What dia. of wheel? What dia. of wire? What dia. of arbor hole? I make a lot of brass wire brushes, wheels and wooden handle scratch. and my min is only $179.00!!! (just kidding, I'll sell you 1 brush) see:

E. Gornell is one of my customers.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Tom, thanks for the rescue, I'll email you at work with the spec's

Thanks again, Ed Angell

Reply to
Ed Angell

Tom, thanks for the rescue, I'll email you at work with the spec's

Thanks again, Ed Angell

Reply to
Ed Angell

Ed

Check out brass suede brushes at shoe supplies. I picked up one that is softer than most hair brushes for ~$3. I used it to put match an "antique" finish on a wooden chest of drawers that had to be repaired. I think you can find them at woodworker's stores too. But it was manual, not rotary.

Jim

Reply to
Jim McGill