crimping brass down on steel sheet

I've milled a 0.02" slot in a brass bar for a piece of sheet steel 0.02" thick. Trouble is, it's not all that snug (I blame the saw used to cut the brass--or my techique.)

Now how to recover, short of soldering the steel in. The steel and brass have to remain straight, so I can't just go pounding on it.

And would pounding on it even help?

er

Reply to
Enoch Root

locktite?

Reply to
Stealth Pilot

Reply to
machineman

That sounds doable, for me. Thanks.

er

Reply to
Enoch Root

You plan on keeping both at the exact temp at all times I suppose...

The expand at different rates...

Martin

Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

Enoch Root wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn