Custom Logo Charm

I am looking to get a small charm manufactured that I can attach to my necklaces and bracelets as a tag. It will identify the jewelry as being made by me. I dont know anything about the process of getting this done: where? cheapest? etc. I can say that it will be a 2-d design of my logo, which is nothing more than letters. It should be fairly small, almost indiscrete. And probably should be pewter or copper, or something with a silver overlay.

Can anyone give me some direction on what i need to do. I contacted one place in califronia who wanted 95 cents/1 with a min order of 500. i didnt know if there were cheaper options (i.e. oversees), or if this is fairly competitive. Also if anyone knew of a company or individual they would recommend. I dont forsee the first order being over 350-500 pieces, as we are just moving into the commercial arena.

Thanks and cheers. Caleb

Reply to
cmichaud

I can help you. A client of mine has a jewelry manufacturing factory in Tijuana with five high speed punch presses, and his son a fully functional high-volume investment casting outfit. Tooling for your project may cost around $100 and a run of 500 should not cost more than a few pennies each after setup. The key would be to show future potential growth in your business so the Tijuana source could be motivated to deal with you now with such small quantities. This is how the Chinese got their feet into our market. Let me know if you want to pursue this and I will put you in direct contact with the Ruelas family. The son speaks and writes English and is doing business for US companies already.

Wayne my email return address is legitimate

Reply to
Wayne Lundberg

Caleb , the place in california is probably having the made in china. Almost none of this ind of trinket is made in the USA. Hasn't been for years. All those pins and commemorative crap they sell for sporting events (olympics, super bowl etc) all chinese. ,95 each sounds about right to me. I worked for a company that sold lots of this stuff and it takes about a month to get it all done.

Reply to
daniel peterman