Cute arbor press

I went to a tag sale this morning and among other things I bought an arbor
press. It had a bunch of surface rust, but no pitting. And has no brand
name or for that matter no text on it. The whole thing is only about five
inches high. So it is much smaller than say a 1/2 ton arbor press.
I bought it because it was cute, and only $5. But am curious if anyone kn
ows of an application for such a small arbor press. I already have a 1/2 o
r 1 ton arbor press.
Dan
Reply to
dcaster
Probably for a jeweler or watchmaker.
Reply to
Steve W.
Good for cracking walnuts. John
Reply to
John
Assembling electrical IDC connectors
With a blade fitted - great for cutting batches of heat-shrink tubing or small wire lengths.
I too have seen them at watch repair / key cutter kiosks. I figured they used them to fit the front watch glass or press backs onto watches.
Reply to
just_me
Lots of uses. Crimping little pins into place, we've drilled the sides of the ram and attached X-acto blades for cutting spacers, etc.
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany
Hmm ... perhaps it could be used for domeing replacement crystals to go into the bezel rings on dial indicators. That's probably what I would fit it up for.
An image somewhere might be nice.
Enjoy, DoN.
Reply to
DoN. Nichols