cutoff bandsaws

You know, I've been using my 9x16" W.F. Wells bandsaw lately. It cuts a LOT faster than my old 7x11" Wellsaw 58B, which was a nice saw. Having a 1.5hp motor vs 3/4, 3/4" blade vs 1/2", and coolant vs none are the key points.

Not a question, just a simple observation. I've come a long ways from my old no-name Taiwanese 4x6" saw!

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

I used the 4x6 for years before I finally got this:

It has a gear head which make speed changes a snap. The whole head also swivels for miter cuts, too. This is particularly good, since I have rollers set up before and after the saw. I don't have to turn the whole saw.

I did have to disassemble and apply anti-seize lube to the mating surfaces, though. Something about running the water based coolant with too lean of a mixture...

Reply to
John L. Weatherly