Cutting 4"x 4" x 1/4" square tubing

I bet it would - almost all dual edges and just points top and bottom of pointed flats. When square on, the 1/4" top and bottom are cut differently than the sides and offer more resistance.

Good idea!

Mart> I cut square tube with one corner up, diamond shape when viewed from

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Gosh - just think - stack all and clamp. Then lay it down on the big slab saw for massive stones - the 1 mile long wire saw blades ! Saw all at once. :-)

Martin

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

That's all very true. They are dirty beasts.

At work we do a lot of disk and die grinding so the little bit of dust and noise from the (quick) use of the chop saw is just a drop in the pond.

Regards,

Robin

Reply to
Robin S.

Us e the right blade in the right bandsaw and that's a two minute job. Five minutes if I have to weld a new blade for the job and install it. (4tpi, 6000 fpm, almost no effort, :-) )

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones