Dead guy tries to steal wire from electrical vault

Husband electrocuted, wife burned in alleged copper theft in L.A. October 25, 2010, 9:34am

LOS ANGELES (Xinhua) - A man was electrocuted and his wife seriously burned while allegedly trying to steal copper wiring from an electrical vault in South Gate, Los Angeles, authorities said on Sunday.

Jose Fernando Santillanes, 36, was killed at 4:14 p.m. Saturday when he triggered an explosion and flash fire on a vacant lot, South Gate police Lt. Keith Hupp said.

Maria Cortez, 33, who was severely burned while trying to pull the man off the current, was in critical condition at Grossman Burn Center, Hupp said.

"It was a pretty ugly scene," Hupp added.

The couple's two children were turned over to an aunt while their mother was fighting for her life, said Hupp.

The blast also caused an electrical outage in the immediate area, but service was restored to most customers within a few hours.

Odd that the guy wasnt described as "an alleged dead man and his allegedly badly burned common law wife"

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Seems he didnt offer any resistance when confronted by the electrons.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic

And he had a wet back..........

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Must have been French... JR Dweller in the cellar

azotic wrote:

JR North

More charges pending?

Reply to
Denis G.

It was shocking. They threw him into a dry cell. Charged him with battery. Thus sparking the positive hope of running the negative forces to ground. Resistance is futile!

Oh, Henry! Wire you insulate? What's Butterworth to Chebychev?

Reply to
Cross-Slide

Reminds me of the time Curls told us that he uses his multi-meter as an in-line fuse.

Reply to
Shall not be infringed

Every once in a while it happens here that someone tries to steal a hunk of shovel cable that is lying on the ground. Shovel cable is what feeds the large dragline or mining shovels with 4000 volts that powers the motors in the shovel.

John

Reply to
John

It was shocking. They threw him into a dry cell. Charged him with battery. Thus sparking the positive hope of running the negative forces to ground. Resistance is futile!

Oh, Henry! Wire you insulate? What's Butterworth to Chebychev?

The law firm of columbs & joules will conduct the defense based on the elements of the case. Pre-trial motions have been filed in the circuit court.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
Howard Beal

Their names ring of being fake. Looks like what town they cam from with a given name. San Fernando and Cortez, Mexico.

Sadly, they seemed to be desperate to get cash. Some push the envelope and it just encapsulates them.

All good there Cross-Slide.

Mart> >>

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

Never any second offenders?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Sort of like over in Nigeria where they drill into gasoline pipelines to steal gasoline. They routinely get a few hundred people burned to a crisp over there when the inevitable happens. Dave

Reply to
dav1936531

A few years ago, we lost power when a raccoon committed suicide at a substation. Does this mean some LA residents are intellectually on par with raccoons? Maybe they should stick with stealing copper plumbing.

Reply to
robert bowman

Looks like Darwinism on a massive scale.

Ignoramus3392

Or bricks. I recall an essay Mike Royko on the stupid crook competition in Chicago. Seems this collection of bright bulbs were stealing bricks from a vacant building. "easy money". But they started on the first floor.... Yep, eventually pulled out one too many and the building fell on them.

tschus pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Indeed.

Instant Karma can be a bitch, can't she?

-- If you're looking for the key to the Universe, I've got some good news and some bad news.

The bad news: There is no key to the Universe.

The good news: It was never locked. --Swami Beyondananda

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Seems he didnt offer any resistance when confronted by the electrons.

Best Regards Tom.

Now that is funny.

Reply to
Califbill

Be careful to watch the 'Expiration Date'.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

and you probably have a kukus clan fan.. Evil.. Evil...Evil... burn in Hell!!!

Reply to
Californian Eagle

There should be charges against people like you.. kukus clan fan.. racist.. Go to Hell!!

Reply to
Californian Eagle