Delay the November Election?

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 03:48:14 GMT, "Kurt Laughlin" vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

There seems to be a logic problem here.

Having delayed elections because of a terror threat, how are you ever going to have safe elections? Bush is in until there is "no more terror"?

Reply to
Old Nick

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 11:07:36 +0200, "Bassie Adriaensen" calmly ranted:

Simple fix: Minimize corruption by avoiding reelection of individuals from known-corrupt parties.

Vote independent from now on.

----- = Dain Bramaged...but having lots of fun! =

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Which ones are those?

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there. - George Orwell

Reply to
Gunner

I never said the guys *around* GWB are dumb. Quite the opposite. They're quite crafty. Guys like rumsfeld and wolfowitz and cheney knew exactly who should be at the wheel of the ship.

Too bad the rudder isn't connected to the wheel....

Jim

jim rozen

See the first part of the post here...

Jim

jim rozen

No kidding. He's managed to unite the Shiites and the Suunis, something that was never going to happen. I bet if you look close enough, bin Laden is pumping money into GWBs campaign!

Jim

jim rozen

That's OK. He and I were talking .22s for quite some time so the reference is understandable. Maybe we should all chip in and buy him a fishtank though...

Jim

jim rozen

Now, Now, Bassie! Turnabout is fair play! Richard Nixon didn't raise a legal challenge when the 1960 election went to the Sainted John F. Kennedy through all the nonsense that was pulled in Texas and Illinois. What, stealing an election is only a Democratic privilege???

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Nothing the BushCheneyburton NeoCon Christian Reich pulls off amazes me anymore.

OUR CORPORATIONS MUST HAVE SLAVE LABOR TO REMAIN COMPETITIVE! although you never see lower prices........

TAX CUTS FOR THE RICH CREATE JOBS $9.75 per hour with no benefits!

WE IS A FREEDUM LUVVIN' PEOPLE! just wait till Patriot Act XII

Reply to
Yakker

So nice to know that you are more of an expert in US law than the supreme court. Have you thought of applying for a job there ? I am sure they need to be told they are wrong.....

Reply to
Scott Moore

It being a dull day, I decide to respond to what Gunner foisted Tue, 13 Jul 2004 06:58:03 GMT on rec.crafts.metalworking , viz:

YEah. And that "earthquake" in Iran? That was no "accident". Nope, not at all. Everybody just _thinks_ Halburton only has oil wells in the Gulf. Well, they do have oil wells, but that's not all .... bwahaahahaha!

All seriousness aside, the "details" of the letter seem to be more of a "heads up"/"What if"? kind of thing. As in, what happens if there is a major event which prevents voting to occur? Cold be anything: flood, fire, power outage, or even(gasp) a "terrorist" "attack". Now, I'm sure there are a few survivalists who are prepared to get into their GI Surplus MOPP suit to go vote, but will there be any one there at the polling place? So what happens if the power goes out in a major urban area? Close the polls at 8 pm, and say "Better luck next time?" Do the Dems prefer to be disenfranchised, or have their votes counted late? Apparently, they would rather not be counted were such a thing to occur, rather than consider the matter in a rational manner.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

It being a dull day, I decide to respond to what "Bassie Adriaensen" foisted Tue, 13 Jul 2004 11:07:36 +0200 on rec.crafts.metalworking , viz:

Is Bassie trying to say that Mayor Daley was a Republican? Here I thought Tammany Hall was the Democrat machine. Well, wonders never cease.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

It being a dull day, I decide to respond to what Old Nick foisted Tue, 13 Jul 2004 14:21:00 GMT on rec.crafts.metalworking , viz:

So the alternative is to simply ignore the uncast votes resulting from a real event? Considering that the likely targets are still in the Liberal Democrat camp, that might not be a bad idea. Or should the residents of San Francisco get a chance to vote at a later time if some catastrophe makes it difficult to do during the regular hours?

Of course, this also is a question which hasn't been address in terms of "natural disasters". Say the power is out in New England on election day. "Oh, so sorry, the Democrats don't want you to have an alternate option, the polls will close at eight pm, whether power is up or not."

Considering that the "real" election of the President is in January, the details of how a state chooses its electors is up to the state legislature.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

No need until the truth comes out, and no need unless they want to win.

Reply to
Lennie the Lurker

About 20 years ago a Japanese delegation of Engineers were given a tour of the plant where I worked. After the tour there was a get together in the plant cafeteria. The slippage of U.S. technology was a subject that came up. One Japanese engineer smiled and said: "Graduation of U.S. colleges is answer; two lawyers to every engineer. Japanese colleges graduate 4 engineers to every lawyer!"

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Okay, I looked at the first part of the post again, but I'm still missing your point. It looked like you were saying that Ridge did a poor job of anticipating the 9/11 attack on the Pentagon, yes?

Did he have some national security responsibilities in September 2001 that I'm not aware of?

R, Tom Q.

Remove bogusinfo to reply.

Reply to
Tom Quackenbush

"William H. Shuey" wrote

And about ten years after that their economy imploded - mainly because the banks and real estate market collapsed. (All those engineers couldn't invent their way outta that.) Now they have four unemployed engineers for each of ours . . .

KL "I'm an engineer. Where are my two lawyers?"

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

So you have cites for your puppet masters claims or is this simply Opinion, following the monkeys flying out your ass along with your bias, hatred and bigotry?

Gunner

"The entire population of Great Britain has been declared insane by their government. It is believed that should any one of them come in possession of a firearm, he will immediately start to foam at the mouth and begin kiling children at the nearest school. The proof of their insanity is that they actually believe this." -- someone in misc.survivalism

Reply to
Gunner

Hey Bosco, I would think the Democrats would be in favor of this. It would give them more time to come up with a viable candidate!!!

Rob

P.S. Why don't you crawl back under the cross-posting rock from whence you emerged?

Reply to
Rob Skinner

Hey dude, looks like you're on those generic meds that were meant for the Sudan. Check the UBD. They reckon paranoia is a by product of cheap meds, and let's face it, you're cheap!

Reply to
Brad