DeWalt metal cut-off saw

I've got a 14" metal cut off saw that I have finally worn out the original
blade on. Went to replace it with a norton 14" blade that had a 1" center
hole. The original blade had a 1" hole as well. The shaft looks to be 3/4"
and it appears there are two circle friction plates that squeeze the blade.
The inner plate has a flat that matches the flat on the shaft thus
preventing it from turning on the shaft. There appears to be no provisions
for centering the 1" holed blade on the 3/4" shaft and that the blade is
simply secured via friction fit between the inner and outer plates.
Is that the way these cut-off saws are supposed to be? Do I just eyeball the
blade to get it centered on the spindle? Concerned about it being to far out
of balance.
Wayne
Reply to
Wayne Farrington
What type of cut off saw is this? Is this a dry cut? If so it might need a new blade and arbor kit. It comes free from DeWalt. Take it too a DeWalt service center and have them fix it. If it is an abrasive type I haven't got a clue.
Reply to
RellikJM