Die lift table

Found a die lift table today, 1,000 lbs capacity, it has four threaded posts, similar to this lift:

Ignoramus8122

I know a fellow who has a palate jack that will go up to the tail gate of a pickup truck. Comes in handy for unloading something and moving around the shop then lifting it up to his steel work table.

Reply to
Al Patrick

Good find. Rework it a bit with a larger base footprint and make a ~4'x6' top surface out of two layers of 3/4" birch ply topped with laminate and edged with oak. Makes a very good all around work table for the shop that you can adjust to the optimum height for the project you're working on. I made a similar work table from a 1,000# cap power adjustable height frame I found surplus for $50.

Reply to
Pete C.

Okay, assuming you bought it, how much did you pay?

Wes

Wes

I paid $75 for mine. I think that it has plenty of table space as of now, approximately 24x48 inches. I will put my rotary table on it.

Reply to
Ignoramus8122

$75. It has two cranking speeds. 2x4 ft. table.

Reply to
Ignoramus8122

Picture of same manufacturer's similar cart is here

Mine is 24x48 inches.

Ignoramus8122

I wouldn't waste a good unit like that on it's intended purpose. I keep my rotary table on a couple 2x4s so I can grab it with the forklift or the engine hoist (whichever is closer) when I need to load it on the Bridgeport. That base would be much better as a work table.

Reply to
Pete C.

Wow..those sucka's aren't inexpensive. I read further down you got it for $75. Nice buy. Dave

Reply to
dav1936531

Sometimes I hate you :) Nice score, you suck.

Wes

Reply to
Wes