Dial fixture ID help Trakker

I've got this gizmo and I can't find any info about it. It's possible that it was a prototype I suppose. When I've searched online for info, I wasn't able to find squat. Nothing found about the fixture or the company, or any similar equipment.

The labels read Trakker made in the U.K. The logo isn't clear as to what they were trying to indicate for the name or model.. looks like it might be CI Limited Trakker-1, or CAI Limited Trakker-1.

more pics
cookies, popups or other BS)

It has a stepper motor in the head assembly, which runs the stylus holder in/out (no rotational movement) for straight line movement. A locking collar can be released to change the rotational orientation of the stylus holder.

The X-Y table is electrically insulated from the base, the insulating material might be Delrin or a similar synthetic material. The handwheels are also insulated synthetic material. The stylus is insulated from the head housing, with a lead in the connector wired to the stylus mechanism. This wire is just common wire.. not a high voltage lead, and not for high current (18 ga. maybe). Another lead has a ground clip on it, probably for attaching to the workpiece. The stylus seems to be carbide maybe, it's heavy for it's size. It doesn't look as though it was used as a scraping cutter.

The short column appears to be a mounting position for situating a workpiece horizontally, and the powerhead can be rotated from vertical to horizontal.

The table isn't a tight mechanism, and doesn't have position locks. The spindle is mounted in dual bearings, and the axis can be rotated upward from horizontal. With the "headstock" and bracket removed from the table, placing a 5C spin index on the table provides about the same spindle height. The chuck size is about 3 1/8".

Any info regarding similar equipment or this manufacturer would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

WB

Reply to
Wild Bill

What is the word above Trakker on the top of the table?

Look like an engraver or marker for cylindrical objects maybe?

Reply to
Jack Erbes

The label wording is CAI(?) Limited Trakker-1 Made in U.K.

There are concentric circles above the vertical part of CAI, as if it's intended to be the dot of the "i"

The stylus only moves in a line, it's not otherwise motorized, as an engraver would be. That's why I think it etched the workpiece.

Reply to
Wild Bill