anyone here have any idea where I can find this info...

I'm looking for an online or even a program that functions as a machinist handbook of sorts. One that will give the thread specs for a variety of threads, 1/4-28 unf-2b, for example. Any help tracking this type of site down would be appreciated.

Reply to
joe

You can by a Machinist's hand book on disk from an Industrial Supplier for around $90. If anyone knows of something that is free I would be quite interested.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

I think this might be what you're after. It gives dimensions and load limits.

Mickey Reilley

Additionally, take a look at this -- either PC (Windows) based or palmtop based.

Sporkman

Another useful program (doesn't do bolt details) for general engineering info

Merry :-)

Reply to
Merry Owen

has them also.

Greg

Reply to
Greg

Better prices on Ebay ...... watch the version/edition (though they change contents slowly).

Reply to
Cliff Huprich

Btw, the name is "Machinery's Handbook". They are up to about the 26th edition. I prefer the printed version.

If you want something like the exact nominal dimensions of an American standard countersink-drill you'll find it there. OTOH, if you're designing for Asian manufacture they may not have all the info on what's used there.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Scheich"

Embedded software/hardware/analog Info for designers:
FWIW: the 27th edition of Machinery's Handbook is due out in April.

Reply to
ms

Ah, that explains why I saw the 26th offered at sale prices at KBC last week...

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

you can find a link to a place to by it on my site. I have a couple different edditions on there:

Thanks Neil

Spehro Pefhany wrote:

Reply to
Neil

Hello Mickey,

I couldn't get this, what appears to be a great site, to work at all. That is, the calculator for load, etc, would not produce any results. Have you had success?

Sincerely, Jerry Forcier

Mickey Reilley wrote:

Reply to
Jerry Forcier