Re: Inventory Database - where can I find a good free download...

Steve Martinak wrote in

> news: snipped-for-privacy@ifyoucan.net: > > > Bill wrote: > > > >> Cookie wrote: > >> is there any freeware or shareware out there that will give a person > >> a quick easy way to inventory rolling stock, bldgs, etc of a model > >> railroad layout? > >> ----------------------------------------------------- > >> Model Railroad Inventory might have something: > >>
qt=inventory+railroad&tg > >> =dl-2001 > >> > >> Bill > >> Bill's Railroad Empire > >> N Scale Model Railroad: > >>
>> Brief History of N Scale: > >>
>> Resources: Links to over 700 helpful sites: > >>
>> Bookstore:
> > > Using Lotus Approach I put together a database (NOT a spreadsheet!) > > which has > > fields very similar in nature to the screen shot for the MRI software. > > I've also added drop-downs to a couple of the fields, and I've > > included a field in each record for a photo of the item. > > > > My database screens don't have the polished look that the MRI screen > > shot shows, > > but they are certainly functional. It was the first database I ever > > set up, and it took me all of about 30 minutes to do it. Of course, > > you can do queries on any field(s) to find an item or put together > > reports. I took two such lists to Trainfest Sunday: A basic roster > > of everything so I wouldn't buy any duplicates, and a DCC conversion > > list for my locos in case anyone was giving away free decoders. ;-) > > > > Since the original poster indicated that he is currently using > > Office XP, I'd > > encourage him to try Access before he spends money on another piece of > > software. However, if he really wants to, or for those who don't > > already have a database product, MRI looks like a really nice package. > > > > Steve > > > > > > Hi Steve, > you willin' ta share? Think I can haul in a lotus into Access.. op sys > here is XP pro - with XP Office and yes have it in a spreadsheet right > now or at least part of it-- and want to do a db in access - > br > Cookie > snipped-for-privacy@cox.net > > -- > " Life isn't like a box of chocolates...it's more like a jar of > jalapenos. > What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow."

Let me see if I can pull some kind of template out of Lotus Approach. My wife has Office 2000 (I think) so maybe I can do something there. Give me a couple days and I'll try to figure something out...

Steve

Reply to
Steve Martinak

Steve Martinak wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@ifyoucan.net:

many thanks, Steve appreciated... email here is snipped-for-privacy@cox.net br Cookie

Reply to
Cookie

Here is a Windows based EXE Inventory program I wrote myself. Its freeware.

Follow link at "Inventory Program" link

Let me know if you have any hassles

Nigel LakewoodATwave.co.nz

Reply to
Nigel Nichols

Nigel, thanks for sharing your site and your programs! Even though I'm currently using Lotus Approach as noted in a previous post in this thread, I like the look of your program and intend to try it out.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Martinak

Hi Steve

You are welcome. Let me know if you need to know anything about the program. I will do the "help" file soon.

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Nichols