I know FLA & LRA but what is RES (on contactor label)

I've got some contactors that show Full Load Amps and Locked Rotor Amp figures but then they give a "RES" figure which may be in amps too - not sure. I've asked a couple of guys with no luck. Can one of you electrically enlightened folks on this ng tell me what RES is? Thanks

Reply to
rob

Resistive (non-inductive) load?

Reply to
Gfretwell

(I posted this on the 24th but it doesn't show up -- I'll try once more.)

I've got some contactors that show Full Load Amps and Locked Rotor Amp figures but then they give a "RES" figure which may be in amps too - not sure. I've asked a couple of guys with no luck. Can one of you electrically enlightened folks on this ng tell me what RES is? Thanks

Reply to
rob

Maximum load current into a RESistive load, such as a heating element.

Bob Weiss N2IXK

Reply to
Bob Weiss

yep, thats a rating for a resistive load. it is probably higher than the rating for an inductive load.

Reply to
User 1.nospam