DIY Computer Interface to HF cheapo Caliper?

The Harbor Freight digital calipers got down to $12, so I sprung for
one. Only took three tries to get one that worked.
This is the best example of "no-name" I've ever seen. Only clue
to what it is is "made in china".
I'd like to experiment with transferring data to the computer.
Has the 4-pin interface.
Googling spc has let me down.
Anybody have specs on the hardware interface and data format.
Please save me the hassle of getting logic analyzer out of the attic.
Thanks, mike
Reply to
mike
Try
and search for SPC
Reply to
Rick
Figures. Oh well-he still may be able to pick up a few things...
Reply to
Rick
The China caliper output is not the same as Mitutoyo.
Best regards, Spehro Pefhany
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany
Try this URL: href="
"
Reply to
keith bowers
try

mike wrote:
Reply to
Greg
href="
" Thanks guys, for the links. Found lots of (hopefully) useful data. mike
Reply to
mike
Mike, go to this site
the most thorough info on this subject. Have fun, Fred
Reply to
Fred Splittgerber
On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 15:32:15 -0800, mike scribed:
Hi Mike:
I don't know how far along you got, but this guys site has it all, even how to build a DRO unit with 3 axis inputs and a spindle RPM unit, complete schematics, PCB layouts, micro assembler code, etc...
Good luck!
Fred III
Reply to
Fred Fowler III
Fred Fowler III offered...
Which guy's?
Jim
Reply to
Jim Wilson
He's talking about the Shumatech site below.
-- J. Mark Wolf
Reply to
J. Mark Wolf
On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 20:46:44 +0000, J. Mark Wolf
Also found one here:
Best,
Fred
scribed: