does anything except leBlond use 5 tpi?

I spend waaay to long cleaning up a 8 inch 4-jaw chuck that had been in a fire - looked like it was all set for my lathe, then I tried it and it didn't fit --- after a bunch of measuring and research, it turned out to be

2 1/8 X 5 TPI, and as far as I can tell, that only fits LeBlond - is that right? or was this rather odd thread used by others?

here's a link to the ebay auction where I put it hoping to get rich...... (ok, hoping to get it to a new home)

Bill Noble

HEY! I am not 5 threaded at 5 tpi, and that's not how you spell my name? If you don't believe me you call my wife and ask her.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

But, you know what? Between you and your wife you have 4 jaws..... now, are they independent? that is the question.

Reply to
Bill Noble