Dogtrap (story time ;>) )

Thursday, 02 August, 2007 10:25 PM Subject: Dogtrap

Noontime I'm having a ham sandwich at the corner store when Joyce hands me the phone. It was Kristy Kratt from Wyandotte excitedly telling me something about her dog is trapped by some concrete block and do I have a saw that will cut it. Jim the paper guy was just pulling in so I said I'll come down and see what the heck is going on as soon as I check out walk home and get the truck. Well, the dog was stuck all right, the dumbass was chasing a chipmunk that ran through a concrete cinder block to escape the dog and of course the husky stuck his head completely through the block! Those chipmunks are pretty smart and know how to escape. The dog could not back up out of the block no matter what they did! Not a very comfortable position but not immediately life threating either, not to mention extremely embarassing having been suckered in by that damn chippie...:>) The block happened to be a doorway block with a groove cut in it for door wood and that was the hole of interest. I went home and came back with a shipfitters wedge and a two pound hammer, stuck the wedge down the groove and struck it in, then with my foot anchoring the block on the far side gave that wedge a few nice hits and the block cracked. I put down the tools and lifted the top clear and that mutt took off like a bullet after a swampbuck she sure was happy! I'm sure I saw a couple of chippies high fiving each other........oh, and one much smarter dog slinging soapy water off its neck. ;>)) Phil Kangas 02aug07

Reply to
Phil Kangas

:-)

Harold