Dole scrounger's whereabouts?

It has been almost two weeks since the sleaziest deadbeat dole scrounger of Taft has appeared here. Do you imagine the imaginary backhoe fell over on him?

Reply to
Robert Youngdale

ANYBODY could have predicted there won't be any offers, ever.

That should have given you hope you'd fit in.

Try Wakunda. Of course, you're "being open" makes it doubly irrelevant.

I thought Trump fixed everything for you? LOL

Reply to
Got a Feelin'

Try Amada America. They're as big as Trumpf and they're in Buena Park. They make a similar line of machines. In fact, Amada and Trumpf are the two biggest competitors in the international machine tool business.

Amada has have two plants in California and that's their US headquarters.

They're Japanese but they're run mostly by Americans in the US, and you'd find the culture a lot more familiar than that of Trumpf.

I liked working with them quite a lot, but I also liked working with Trumpf.

Here are their current job listings:

[Somebody please respond to this because Gunner claims he has me killfiled. ]
Reply to
Ed Huntress

Started with a half-day motorcycle ride with beautiful scenery and weather. Imagine having a nice, street- legal fully-farkled modern touring bike, instead of a junk yard ornament which only functions as an idiotic conversation piece, eh Wieber? Then I did some tractor work prepping for a landscaping improvement. Those are facts, not like the BS you write.

No. I keep what I respond to. While scanning your imaginary job interview story I was reminded of the one about the girlfriend dying in your arms, etc. Remember when you used to have a vast ranch that turned out to be a mobile home on a tiny rented lot? LOL You have zero credibility, so EVERYONE'S default assumption is that the details in your posts range from fantasy to outright BS.

Reply to
Got a Feelin'

Gunner Asch on Wed, 09 May 2018 06:13:12 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

As I say: If I knew then what I know now, I'd still have the same problems, only at a higher cash flow.

"Sorry honey, but we're' $40 bucks short for the month. We'll have to go to Vail instead of Cancun."

But Amazon Prime still delivers.

-- pyotr filipivich "With Age comes Wisdom. Although far too often, Age travels alone."

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

After the first different choice you'd be in unknown territory again.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

"Jim Wilkins" on Wed, 9 May 2018 12:25:15 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Well, yeah, But I'd have the degree / job / experience.

-- pyotr filipivich "With Age comes Wisdom. Although far too often, Age travels alone."

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Hey, " If I kwew then what I know now,I wouldn't know what I know now"

Reply to
Clare Snyder

I learned early to be the guy who holds the beer and acts impressed while bigger egos show off and make the mistakes.

-jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

How so "rice and beans or beans and rice"? Don't you know that if you eat beans you don't need rice or conversely, if you eat rice you don't need the beans.

"Laugh laugh laugh". I guess that is about all you can do.

50 years you've been working you tell us and you live in a trailer and can't afford to pay the (what was it) $85 a year in taxes for your parking spot?

A success story you aren't.

Reply to
John B.

Ask yourself the same question, and answer honestly. Facts: you're limited to choosing between beans and rice because for your entire life you've chosen smokes and Monster over home improvements, adding to your junk pile over paying your bills, yapping over doing, etc. Worse, you refuse to change, and now the very best you can do is type out your phony laughter. Why are you sitting there pretending instead of fixing up your shithole for example? Who is supposed to believe you'd make a great employee when you prove day in and day out that you prefer fantasy to self-discipline?

Reply to
In Crowd

First of all, dumbass, if someone is 40 then they're not a millennial. But more importantly, lots of workers live at their parents's place while they save up to buy a home. It's a time-honored and well-regarded strategy.

You're nearly 65. When are YOU going to start saving up to buy a place of your own? Oh wait, you're imagining that having a negative net-worth and living in a rotting mobile on rented land counts as home ownership! LOL

Reply to
In Crowd

Sadly, many/most of the millenials living with their folks are NOT saving much money towards their own place, as they "go out" a lot - _ _. Instead of staying home with Ma and Pa they go out with their feirnds, or go "cruising" Not at all out of the ordinary to spend $50 on a night out. Taxi or uber fare to get to the club, cover charge and or drinks to get in, plus food - then taxi or Uber back home. Do that a few nights a week and there is $7500 towards your own place down the drain every year. That's more than half what it would cost to rent your own place (My daughter rents the whole main floor of a house for $675 a month plus utilities - in a good part of town)

It's also almost half the mortgage payment on a $250,000 mortgage over 25 years at 5%.

My other (younger) daughter bought a townhouse condo for $149,000 about 8 years ago - in her twenties - after leaving home at 17.

3 and 4 years older than "millenials" - but if they could do it so could millenials

I bought my own first house in my twenties - like many "boomers" - after leaving home and living in a boarding house at 19 and working for nothing as a volunteer for 2 years

Reply to
Clare Snyder

That's not any reason for somebody like Wieber to imagine he can look down on them. He has a negative net worth. Which means he's BELOW anyone who has a positive net worth, which includes a shit ton of folks who live with their parents, and every baby.

No doubt. They have time to wise up though, not like too-late Wieber who gave up a long time ago.

Yup. Money wasting has been going on for a long time. Nothing new about millennials, except perhaps a higher percentage who may as well give up on home ownership.

That's a good deal. Increasingly uncommon though. A few years ago when property shopping we paid about $1000 a month for a small but decent rural cabin.

You're in a very affordable area. A young friend was bemoaning the fact that a shitty condo in need of sweat equity in his area is a half million, even considering that he'd have to commute some distance to his job. And the monthly fees kill after that. Home ownership is pretty tough for most young folks. He thinks it's worth it, but I can't say he's right. High prices in his market could quite well go down far enough to make him wish he'd kept renting.

Similar story for me. Wieber could have done the same. But he's always been too busy talking fantasy death squads etc to earn a decent living, and has been powerless to quit his vices. A renter who's pissed away the price of a house on cigarettes is hardly qualified to mock millennials.

Not sure how that worked for you, but post the math for how you think it could work for someone today. By and large, it just doesn't. Best advice for any young person hoping to buy a home is to stay with their parents as long as they can stand it while saving, and ignore anyone who tells them there's any shame in it.

Reply to
In Crowd

It is not "My world view" it simply a world view. A bloke who claims to have had a number of jobs, all of which he left and as a result is now residing in a used trailer on a plot of land that he can't afford to pay $5 a year in rent or taxes Is not considered as a raving success.

Yup, and some people that use "Swamp Coolers" do a routine annual checkup and repairs and don't have problems like yours.

Reply to
John B.

Gunner Asch on Thu, 10 May 2018 13:11:31 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Well of course. If it wasn't so popular, it wouldn't have been wore out, or 'lost'. :-)

-- pyotr filipivich "With Age comes Wisdom. Although far too often, Age travels alone."

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Actually not that affordable any more. The house I bought 36 years ago this week for $67000 is worth about $500000 today. Daughter's townhouse is worth about $250,000 minimum. Can't by a detTCHED HOME FOR UNDER $300,000

Minimum wage today is over $13/hour. Average income today is over 51,000. When I came back from Africa I made less than $10,000 a year (1975) My first house cost me 3.5 years income. By the time I bought my second (current) house it was over 4 years income. At $300,000 that would be a $75000 income. - which for a COUPLE today is WELL below average.

One big difference is when I bought my house I didn't have high priced cell phones and tablets, and 500 channel cable TV, and big flat screen TVs.

Today's kids spend a LOT more - not only in real dollars, but also in percentage of income, than we boomers EVER did. Not just on toys, but entertainment and travel

Reply to
Clare Snyder

If I did, I'd still be a lot better off than you. For starters, if I died I wouldn't be leaving a wife with a mountain of debt and unpaid rent on a rotting mobile home. That's a hell of thing for you to do to someone who's already suffered for decades because she chose an unrepentant loser.

But as usual, you're contradicting yourself. After insisting so many times that I live in a mental health facility, now you're pretending I live with my parents. Fact is, one of them is long dead, and the other lives about 2500 miles away. Of course, that's only a day's ride on one of your fantasy motorcycles. I live in reality though. Real bike, real ride. Five days to mom's place last visit. Two more to the ocean beyond. And that's a trip I made five years *after* you assured everyone I'd be hanging from a lamppost. So first I was dead, then living in a nut house, then living with my parents. LOL Will you say I photoshopped the pics of my bike on both coasts more than five years ago? No, you'll come up with something even more stupid, as always.

Reply to
In Crowd

Whoo boy, you bought a "double" fridge! LOL What an accomplishment! Did you put some extra plywood under it so the casters wouldn't bust through the rotting floor?

No. I judge you by the standards of common sense. For example, it makes no sense to keep writing long screeds about doing, instead of actually doing. Think of all the time you wasted yapping about the junker motorhome that you insisted you'd have finished by now. But instead of working on keeping your word, here you are typing away again. Next you'll type up yet more excuses.

Then why spend so much time claiming that you hope I and millions and others are culled? Is that you idea of not being "concerned?" In fact, it's the ultimate level of concern you lunatic!

No, you are not, and never have. BSing on Usenet is stupid. It helped guarantee you'd fail and keep failing.

Now, carry on doing the wrong thing endlessly, as if anyone could stop you. The rest of us will judge your progress by clicking here occasionally.

I'm pretty confident the only progress will be continue to be downward, as it has for decades.

Reply to
In Crowd

What, again? LOL

Reply to