Dole scrounger's whereabouts?

It has been almost two weeks since the sleaziest deadbeat dole scrounger of Taft has appeared here. Do you imagine the imaginary backhoe fell
over on him?

ANYBODY could have predicted there won't be any offers, ever.

That should have given you hope you'd fit in.

Try Wakunda. Of course, you're "being open" makes it doubly irrelevant.

I thought Trump fixed everything for you? LOL

Started with a half-day motorcycle ride with beautiful scenery and weather. Imagine having a nice, street- legal fully-farkled modern touring bike, instead of a junk yard ornament which only functions as an idiotic conversation piece, eh Wieber? Then I did some tractor work prepping for a landscaping improvement. Those are facts, not like the BS you write.

No. I keep what I respond to. While scanning your imaginary job interview story I was reminded of the one about the girlfriend dying in your arms, etc. Remember when you used to have a vast ranch that turned out to be a mobile home on a tiny rented lot? LOL You have zero credibility, so EVERYONE'S default assumption is that the details in your posts range from fantasy to outright BS.

Try Amada America. They're as big as Trumpf and they're in Buena Park. They make a similar line of machines. In fact, Amada and Trumpf are the two biggest competitors in the international machine tool business.
Amada has have two plants in California and that's their US headquarters.
They're Japanese but they're run mostly by Americans in the US, and you'd find the culture a lot more familiar than that of Trumpf.
I liked working with them quite a lot, but I also liked working with Trumpf.
Here are their current job listings:
https://tinyurl.com/ydymv87h
[Somebody please respond to this because Gunner claims he has me killfiled. <g>]
--
Ed Huntress

    As I say: If I knew then what I know now, I'd still have the same problems, only at a higher cash flow.
    "Sorry honey, but we're' $40 bucks short for the month. We'll have to go to Vail instead of Cancun."
    But Amazon Prime still delivers. -- pyotr filipivich "With Age comes Wisdom. Although far too often, Age travels alone."
on Wed, 09 May 2018

After the first different choice you'd be in unknown territory again.

    Well, yeah, But I'd have the degree / job / experience.

-- pyotr filipivich "With Age comes Wisdom. Although far too often, Age travels alone."

Ayup. Last I heard, a full 80% of people with degrees are working in fields -other- than their degree.
--
If we can ever make red tape nutritional, we can feed the world.
--Robert Schaeberle

Count me in, my degree is Chemistry and my career was Electronics, working with several other ex-chemists and an astronomer. I had learned the basics such as V = L di/dt in college and picked up rapidly evolving integrated electronics on the fly like eveyone else. -jsw
On Fri, 11 May 2018 17:32:31 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"

From a WW II RCOC poem - Sure wish I could find all 483 verses!
My Grandpappy, he once kept pigs he had eighteen or twenty they lived in dry and well kept digs and good food they had plenty
If I'd known then what I know now and been a little snappier I'd have stayed at home with Grandpa's pigs and been a damn site happier.

Let us know if you find it. Sounds interesting.
My favorite song about pigs and war is here, with lyrics:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG0Ws3YfONY
Rock on!
--
If we can ever make red tape nutritional, we can feed the world.
--Robert Schaeberle
On Wed, 09 May 2018 08:28:02 -0700, pyotr filipivich

Hey, " If I kwew then what I know now,I wouldn't know what I know now"
on Wed, 09 May 2018

I learned early to be the guy who holds the beer and acts impressed while bigger egos show off and make the mistakes. -jsw

First of all, dumbass, if someone is 40 then they're not a millennial. But more importantly, lots of workers live at their parents's place while they save up to buy a home. It's a time-honored and well-regarded strategy. http://time.com/money/4821728/heres-how-much-you-can-save-each-year-by-living-with-your-parents-in-the-15-biggest-u-s-cities/ https://www.moneyunder30.com/save-money-living-at-home
You're nearly 65. When are YOU going to start saving up to buy a place of your own? Oh wait, you're imagining that having a negative net-worth and living in a rotting mobile on rented land counts as home ownership! LOL

Sadly, many/most of the millenials living with their folks are NOT saving much money towards their own place, as they "go out" a lot - _ _. Instead of staying home with Ma and Pa they go out with their feirnds, or go "cruising" Not at all out of the ordinary to spend $50 on a night out. Taxi or uber fare to get to the club, cover charge and or drinks to get in, plus food - then taxi or Uber back home. Do that a few nights a week and there is $7500 towards your own place down the drain every year. That's more than half what it would cost to rent your own place (My daughter rents the whole main floor of a house for $675 a month plus utilities - in a good part of town)
It's also almost half the mortgage payment on a $250,000 mortgage over 25 years at 5%.
My other (younger) daughter bought a townhouse condo for $149,000 about 8 years ago - in her twenties - after leaving home at 17.
3 and 4 years older than "millenials" - but if they could do it so could millenials
I bought my own first house in my twenties - like many "boomers" - after leaving home and living in a boarding house at 19 and working for nothing as a volunteer for 2 years

That's not any reason for somebody like Wieber to imagine he can look down on them. He has a negative net worth. Which means he's BELOW anyone who has a positive net worth, which includes a shit ton of folks who live with their parents, and every baby.

No doubt. They have time to wise up though, not like too-late Wieber who gave up a long time ago.

Yup. Money wasting has been going on for a long time. Nothing new about millennials, except perhaps a higher percentage who may as well give up on home ownership.

That's a good deal. Increasingly uncommon though. A few years ago when property shopping we paid about $1000 a month for a small but decent rural cabin.

You're in a very affordable area. A young friend was bemoaning the fact that a shitty condo in need of sweat equity in his area is a half million, even considering that he'd have to commute some distance to his job. And the monthly fees kill after that. Home ownership is pretty tough for most young folks. He thinks it's worth it, but I can't say he's right. High prices in his market could quite well go down far enough to make him wish he'd kept renting.

Similar story for me. Wieber could have done the same. But he's always been too busy talking fantasy death squads etc to earn a decent living, and has been powerless to quit his vices. A renter who's pissed away the price of a house on cigarettes is hardly qualified to mock millennials.

Not sure how that worked for you, but post the math for how you think it could work for someone today. By and large, it just doesn't. Best advice for any young person hoping to buy a home is to stay with their parents as long as they can stand it while saving, and ignore anyone who tells them there's any shame in it.

Actually not that affordable any more. The house I bought 36 years ago this week for $67000 is worth about $500000 today. Daughter's townhouse is worth about $250,000 minimum. Can't by a detTCHED HOME FOR UNDER $300,000

Minimum wage today is over $13/hour. Average income today is over 51,000. When I came back from Africa I made less than $10,000 a year (1975) My first house cost me 3.5 years income. By the time I bought my second (current) house it was over 4 years income. At $300,000 that would be a $75000 income. - which for a COUPLE today is WELL below average.
One big difference is when I bought my house I didn't have high priced cell phones and tablets, and 500 channel cable TV, and big flat screen TVs.
Today's kids spend a LOT more - not only in real dollars, but also in percentage of income, than we boomers EVER did. Not just on toys, but entertainment and travel

I prefer facts to anecdotes. Here are some facts for your area. http://business.financialpost.com/personal-finance/mortgages-real-estate/now-and-then-do-canadian-homes-really-cost-that-much-more-than-30-years-ago
That says that buying a home is twice as hard as it used to be, but is ameliorated by lower interest rates and lower down payments. So the new normal is more debt, less equity, and more chance of getting underwater. That's as good a spin as one can put on it, but more recently requirements have been tightened for those low down payments, and rates are rising. "The harsh reality is that the new rules will reduce homebuyers' purchasing power substantially." https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/ypnexthome/heres-how-much-house-you-can-afford-under-canadas-new-mortgage-rules_a_23324957/
All that's based on current wages, but there's continued downward pressure on those. https://www.brookings.edu/research/thirteen-facts-about-wage-growth/
I had to laugh at some of the affordability numbers, which included monthly property tax bills as much as triple Wieber's annual bill... that he doesn't pay.

Kitchener-Waterloo is in the higher price bracket for areas outside the GTA, and sits somewhere between edmonton and Calgary for the price of "starter" homes.
Average household incomes run 100,800 in Waterloo, 85,500 in Cambridge, and 80,400 in Kitchener. I've never been close to that average
The "average" house price has gone up 40% in the last 18 months, to a current average of $500,000 in the kitchener/Waterloo area. Cambridge prices average $400,000 Guelph, being closer to Toronto, is a bit higher.
Down the road an hour, in London it's still down in the high 300,000 range. St Thomas is about $260,00 Windsor is around $265,000 and is starting to go up. Statford is about $319,000
So as you can see, there are lots of areas in Ontario where housing is still very affordable if you don't need to commute to Toronto and you don't want a McMansion.
The new "stress tests" are pushing up the lower end faster than the middle or top level homes, while the influx of Toronto buyers is pushing up the upper middle level homes within 1 hours of Toronto (Brantford, Hamilton, guelph, Kitchener, Cambridge and surrounding areas - particularly semi-rural settlements)
My nephew is buying a house in Stratford and working in Mitchel. Nice Semi - just over $300,000.

He's lucky. Most people will need to commute farther from their higher paying jobs to find lower home prices. Or settle for lower wages closer to lower home prices. If they choose to commute and start piling on the miles, in addition to the fuel they'll be paying $2000 service bills more often. Whenever I have one of my vehicles on the hoist I think of what the average person has to shell out for that. I'm about to do a minor steering overhaul (pitman, idler, 4 ties rod ends) on my pickup. If I took it in for that, I'd be getting a call telling me to do the ball joints, all 4 rotors, and the parking brake shoes, at a minimum. I get to choose what isn't worth fixing for me. Most people will take the shop's word. That's a reality that most young commuters are stuck with.