Drawing program CAD

(...)

Cool! Address sent.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Ah, you've been playing hooky from charm school again, Michael. You know that's not a good idea. You backslide so quickly...

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Charm school is for sissies & Democrats.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 16:33:50 -0700, the infamous Winston scrawled the following:

Chief Architect is its greatest competition @ $1495/$2195. ArchiCAD is the Hungarian competition @ $1995/$4250.

Dayam, dis chit's 'spensive.

-- Nothing is a waste of time if you use the experience wisely. -- Rodin

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Ah, Michael, with a bad attitude like that, how do you ever expect to graduate? If you don't shape up they'll make you dance with the girl with buck teeth who picks her nose.

This is an opportunity for you to show them that, even though you talk like one of the characters from "Deliverance," you can reform and make something of yourself. Don't let us down.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

They played 'Dueling Banjos' at your high school's graduation ceremonies? Did you go with Cliff, or hawkie?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That's not something they'd do at Princeton High School, Michael. That's more the kind of thing they do down your way, in Bark Scorpion country.

You act like you've been bitten a few times, now that it comes up. Florida Bark Scorpions won't kill you, but they make the people around you wish they did.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

We had custom AT's with extended memory cards that the o.s. didn't really know. The program we used (large company) had gotten the custom AT's with another CAD program - and converted one to AutoCad for Engineering.

I had a sample math co-processor that made Autocad work on my XT. It was maxed 640M and two hard drives. I was trying to get a laser printer from a company in Canada, but support wasn't there. Used plotters.

Martin

Mart> cavelamb himself wrote:

Martin H. Eastburn

Once again, your vast ignorance is showing, Ed. I wasn't raised in the country, and I didn't go to school in Florida. I retired here. You're still batting .000.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

(...)

Yup. Gotta figure a way to get someone else to pick up the tab.

1) Set yourself up as a CAD reviewer? 2) Be the first prof to offer Rhino at your local JC? 3) Offer telecourses over the net?

Hmmmm

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Whoa that's a blast from the past! I paid $400. in relatively uninflated dollars for a 80287 for CAD.

Ran like a rocket, it did.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

AND IF YOU TOUCHED IT AFTER IT HAD BEEN RUNNING FOR A WHILE IT WOULD BURN THE INTEL LOGO INTO YOUR FLESH!

ooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo!

Reply to
cavelamb himself

On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 20:58:41 -0700, the infamous Winston scrawled the following:

Ah, the proverbial Math Chip of ancient lore! I never had the ducats for one but heard they really made those fast old 4MHz 80286 comps really scream for graphic and math work.

-- Nothing is a waste of time if you use the experience wisely. -- Rodin

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Huh? Who cares how you got there?

And I'm sure you carry your charming disposition with you, Michael, no matter where you go. d8-)

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

To create conventional engineering drawings, software by Visual CADD is attractive. Affordable at $450 for full package containing software on CD and a nice hard copy manual, Visual CADD has what you probably need. Easy to learn. I use it on an older Windows machine in the shop, and print out to a Deskjet 1200C printer which does 13 X

19 sheets. Output is compatible with AutoCad products. Business contact is at visualcadd.com. Users group is active at visualcadd.org.

Pat

Reply to
jwdoylejr

You get what you give Ed. With the way you give, there is nothing left for others, around here. OTOH, I don't suffer fools gladly.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

One guy at Microdyne had a nasty TI logo burnt on his fingertip after he found a 14 pin CMOS SMD IC. It was soldered in backwards. :(

After that, he used my method of a drop of IPA and seeing how long it takes to evaporate. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Look to yourself when you say that, Michael. You're the one who's getting what he's given. And the reason is not your opinions, but your dismissive and demeaning way of saying it.

Of course, Gunner catches his share of it from all sides, too, but he's screwed the pooch so many times that everyone knows when not to take him seriously. d8-)

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Believe whatever you want Ed. You make as much sense as the Dumbocrat running for office near Orlando, listing all the things his opponent wants to charge sales tax on and decrying that Exxon doesn't pay sales tax on anything. Everything on the sales tax list is already taxed by the state, and corporations pay a use tax, instead of sales tax. He is as stupid as Obama when it comes to understanding the laws.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I believe the facts, Michael. You have a selective, generally one-sided view of them. Whenever anyone condemns some other group outright, calling them stupid, ignorant, cowardly, or whatever, he's just showing immaturity and a lack of personal confidence that he's trying to boost by dismissing and demeaning other groups or classes of people.

You're at the top of that list in this group. It gets annoying. And the chance that you're smarter than a Harvard lawyer about the laws is about the same as the chance you have of winning the next presidential election. That was a truly childish thing for you to say.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress