Drill Bit Wingnut

Sorry if this is off subject.

I am looking for a drill but to screw and unscrew wingnuts onto a screw.

Has anyone ever seen one? Where can I find one.

Thanks,

Reply to
jonescpa

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

Reply to
Keith Marshall

Probably looks something like this?

Now is the time to bring your friendly local lathe owner one small box of donuts and a sample wingnut.

While you are moving and cleaning some of her shop stuff, she can make these in a couple different sizes, if you ask nicely.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

If it happens to be for large pattern 1/4" wingnuts, then check anywhere that hurricane shutter accessories are sold.

I make my own by cutting a slot across an appropriately-sized cheap disposable 1/4" socket. Chuck it to the drill with a suitable adapter.

Vaughn

Reply to
Vaughn Simon

It would look much like the 3/8 drive socket designed to open the drain c*ck on an auto radiator. which I bought for Junior when his fingers proved to tender for the job. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

That is a good idea - a deep socket and just over the round hub size so it will keep centered.

I make some wood ones for my wife out of wood. Maple - drill a hole in the center of a 1.5x1.5 by 3" long stick. The hole matches the round part of the nut and I slot for the wings. She keeps a couple in her sewing kit - counted cross stitch.

The frames need to be clamped tight.

Martin

Mart>> Sorry if this is off subject.

Martin H. Eastburn

Clamp some rubber or plastic hose on a shaft that fiits your drill, and slot the other end for the wingnut.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins