Drill Bit Wingnut

Sorry if this is off subject.
I am looking for a drill but to screw and unscrew wingnuts onto a
screw.
Has anyone ever seen one? Where can I find one.
Thanks,
Reply to
jonescpa
"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"
Reply to
Keith Marshall
Probably looks something like this?
Now is the time to bring your friendly local lathe owner one small box of donuts and a sample wingnut.
While you are moving and cleaning some of her shop stuff, she can make these in a couple different sizes, if you ask nicely.
--Winston
Reply to
Winston
If it happens to be for large pattern 1/4" wingnuts, then check anywhere that hurricane shutter accessories are sold.
I make my own by cutting a slot across an appropriately-sized cheap disposable 1/4" socket. Chuck it to the drill with a suitable adapter.
Vaughn
Reply to
Vaughn Simon
It would look much like the 3/8 drive socket designed to open the drain cock on an auto radiator. which I bought for Junior when his fingers proved to tender for the job. Gerry :-)} London, Canada
Reply to
Gerald Miller
That is a good idea - a deep socket and just over the round hub size so it will keep centered.
I make some wood ones for my wife out of wood. Maple - drill a hole in the center of a 1.5x1.5 by 3" long stick. The hole matches the round part of the nut and I slot for the wings. She keeps a couple in her sewing kit - counted cross stitch.
The frames need to be clamped tight.
Martin
Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member.

Vaughn Sim>> Sorry if this is off subject.
The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups ---= - Total Privacy via Encryption =---
Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn
Clamp some rubber or plastic hose on a shaft that fiits your drill, and slot the other end for the wingnut.
Reply to
Jim Wilkins