Drill point gauge

I have a drill point gauge that was given to me when I was an apprentice by a grizzled old journeyman who seemed to like me. Now about twenty years later I would like to give one to a kid who I have been teaching drill sharpening techniques. I can't find one anywhere. It is about 5" long, looks to be stamped out of stainless one piece and has both common angles 118* on one side and 135* on the other. Standard Tool Co. in Cleveland made it. I don't want to give up my gauge because of the friendship the Journeyman showed a naive young apprentice many years ago. Please help me find one to pass along. Thanks, Neal

Reply to
Neal

Starrett sells some slick ones, but you're going to pay for them. General has one with a 118º gage on it, but not the 135º. Not very expensive. Look on McMaster-Carr.com and mscdirect.com

HTH.

Regards,

Robin

Reply to
Robin S.

I have one like that, I like it better than my starrett drill point gage. It is a mechanix-mate drill point gage. Its available at the links below.

I would call to verify the angles here, I think there is a miss-print.

Mike H

Maybe you could make one. That would be something the young person would treasure. Do the project together?Certain tools bring back memories every time I look at them, let alone use.

michael

Reply to
michael

Hey Neal,

Want to REALLY make him feel good? Make one for him.

If not, KBC Tools has them in two models by Mechanic-Mate, 118 & 135, and 90 & 150. Wholesale Tool and Travers also, but only the model you mention.

Take care.

Brian Laws>I have a drill point gauge that was given to me when I was an

Reply to
Brian Lawson