dummy guns

Dummy guns i was at a place that make dummy guns.these things are milled from alum stock.Does anyone do that here

Reply to
HaroldA102

Back when I was an avid reader, you could buy aluminum dummy guns (pistols) out of comic books. They were made to scale and got used in holdups, apparently by some who also read comic books and couldn't afford the real thing either. After the cops killed some kids waving them around at night in public housing, they've been outlawed.

Reply to
larsen-tools

bud these were machine guns on stands and it looked real !!!!!What in the world would someone want with that????The only thing you could do is hit someone with it!!!!!

Reply to
HaroldA102

Various surplus arms dealers have been importing parts kits for WWII era machine guns for several years. You get everything but the receiver for

300-$500. They also offer solid aluminum receivers that will accept the external parts and make a very realistic looking dummy. You can also buy fabrication dwgs for the original receivers if you wanted to make one from scratch, but BATF would not be happy with you.

Randy

Reply to
Randal O'Brian

They are very popular for reinactors, and those restoring military vehicles and aircraft.

The other reason is the Oh Wow factor, much akin to Franklin Mint crap...shrug.

"The British attitude is to treat society like a game preserve where a certain percentage of the 'antelope' are expected to be eaten by the "lions". Christopher Morton

Reply to
Gunner

Well, the screwy 9th circuit court in CA has ruled that it is OK to build one from scratch so long as it is for your own use! I wonder what the BATF said when they heard this?

Steve M

Reply to
Steve Mulhollan

That's what I have on my 1918 British SE5a, Lewis on the top wing and a Vickers on the fuselage, I am working on a propane type device to make the sound.

Craig

Reply to
Craig Garrett

Instead of dummy guns, guns for dummies is what Harold needs.

Reply to
larsen-tools

What in the hell does that mean?????

Reply to
HaroldA102

I'm part of a volunteer group restoring a W.W.-II M-18 "Hellcat" tank destroyer. It belongs to the local (Flint, MI) historical museum who wants it for their Buick collection. General Motors is paying for the restoration, and we're doing the work. It's a 1944 Buick, built in Flint. It has a three speed automatic transmission, a 9 cylinder 500 hp. engine, and a 76 mm gun. Quite a Buick!

The machine was acquired surplus from the Yugoslavian civil war a few years ago. They were still using the old machine in combat that recently. It was "RATTY" to say the least! We gutted the old beast out to the bare hull, if it wasn't welded on it came off, got sandblasted, soaked, or other wise cleaned, repaired, repainted, and then went back on. We have about a year's work to do on it yet, with the intention of having it as near to what it was when came off the Buick line as we can get it. Mostly we have internal electrical work to do yet ... the intercom system, radios, auxiliary generator, instrument panel, etc.). We're still seeking a few parts, not easy to find for a 60 year old machine that was rare to start with. The whole vehicle is now looking almost new, and it's RUNNING, and moving under it's own power. Supposedly only three others are operational in the world.

Anyway, as part of the restoration one of our group obtained a non-working replica 50 cal. machine gun. It looks very good, but the whole thing is aluminum. Sure makes it easier to swing up and mount on the MG ring!

Dan Mitchell ==========

Gunner wrote:

Reply to
Daniel A. Mitchell

Hee hee.

Jim

jim rozen

Where are the M1 carbine mounts?

Gunner

"No man shall be debarred the use of arms. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm those only who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants. They ought to be designated as laws not preventative but fearful of crimes, produced by the tumultuous impression of a few isolated facts, and not by thoughtful consideration of the inconveniences and advantages of a universal decree." - Thomas Jefferson

Reply to
Gunner

What kind of mounts do you want?????

Reply to