eastern TN machinists: I need to rent machine time on lathe and fullsize mill

Well I am in Hendersonville NC about 90 miles from you. My mill is not the biggest around but it will handle 3/4 tooling, and my lathe fits that envelope. The house and shop has been sold and I will be moving in about

3 weeks. if fits your needs... my email is boos snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net

Scott

Reply to
Scott

Hi,

I have a project I am trying to complete. Unfortunately, I don't have the tools for a few of the last cuts. I've done almost everything so far on a mini-mill but I've hit its limits.

If there are any machinists in or near Johnson City, TN who would be willing to rent time to me on their full-sized milling machine (not a mini-mill, needs to be able to take tools with 3/4" shafts) and/or a full-sized lathe (6" swing, bed length doesn't matter as long as it's more than two inches) please email me. I probably won't need more than a couple of hours. I'm willing either to rent time for me to do the machining, or to pay you for your time to do the machining while I hang around, whichever you are comfortable with.

I have my own tools for the milling cuts, but would need to buy a couple of lathe bits. I don't know of any shops locally; the only one I've seen (Matheson and Son, Elizabethton) seems to have shut down permanently.

Thanks muchly.

Reply to
harrison.r.bergeron

Bristol Machine & Engineering is a small shop with some humongus old equipment. They do custom work & are nice people to deal with. It would help if you were more specific about the operations you need performed. Give them a call. Bugs

Reply to
Bugs

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:1146440309.374794.253790 @y43g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

We send quite a bit to Lynx Machine in the Phipps Bend Industrial Park, they do an excellent job. Also suggest S & J Machine in Morristown, Jim is a good fella and will do you right.

Reply to
Anthony