Need RCM's Help With MarMachine's Website

Pete Albrecht, yes he's alive and well, has prepped a rudimentary website for me. We list both the machine/fab shop capabilites and our nearly current list of machines for sale. We want to do some pictures soon but haven't got any representative ones available yet. I'd love to have any constructive critcism you RCMer's have to offer. BTW: The broken leg is healing and I hope to be back in the shop shortly. I have been loading a lot of odds and ends onto eBay and Craigs list to fill the "sitting around time". I can assure you daytime televison, even with 100 channels, is a waste land. Leigh@ MarMachine Please note this is not my Email address as many of you, including Gunner, may think.

Reply to
CATRUCKMAN

I give up, I hope it isn't

because that site seems to rely completely on flash plugins.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

On 30 Apr 2006 19:07:07 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, snipped-for-privacy@AOL.COM quickly quoth:

?

Here are some quick not-so-positive things I noticed: There are no page links back to the home page, there's no text on the site at all, the home page picture on home page links to the home page for some reason, and the font for the copyright (2003?) isn't very legible at

1024 resolution. Why are you using a black background?

Positives: The pictures are clear and the pages load quickly. ;)

That's good news, Leigh!

Move up to 180 channels for the commercial-free music stations, movie-only channels, and OLN, which hosts some decent programs. (Guns 'n Ammo metal content)

Leigh@ MarMachine Please note

Adam?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

According to jim rozen :

If so -- then there is no point in *my* checking it out, as I refuse to load the Flash plugins.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Can't see that. Just 2 pages with good pictures.

Aha!?

How do you spell "email"? I have looked at the source of your HTML. Certainly not done by someone how knows what he is doing. Or -for example- who else has the font "BankGothic Md BT" on his PC?

BTW: Tell PA greetings from me. He might remember me with " snipped-for-privacy@logictools.de"

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

There seems to be a bug in your navigation buttons. It takes two clicks before my browser passes me to the linked page. Also, when using my browser Back button to go back to the home page the previously selected nav buttons highlighted and surrounded by a selection box along with a tooltip that says "Press SPACEBAR or ENTER to activate this control." It looks like your page is not managing button state properly.

Robert

Reply to
Siggy