Surface Grinder

I have an old CAPCO surface grinder that needs TLC. Has anyone
refurbished one? I need to re-machine all the bedways, I have a
Bridgeport Mill, but not confident about how to start the task, any
advice!!!
Also all the protective bellows have perished (originally leather) any
suggestions on what material (available in the UK) I can use to make
new ones!!
Thanks
Tony Ashgrove
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com
Reply to
Tony Ashgrove
Did you get this off ebay recently from a guy in Bath. Just wondering as I wanted to look at it as I was nearby, the guy gave me his number but was never in when I called and didn't call me back so I didn't bother bidding.
T>I have an old CAPCO surface grinder that needs TLC. Has anyone
Reply to
David Billington
Hi Tony
I reckon I have one of the compatriots of that fly press he was selling judging from the paint and markings. Sweeney & Blocksidge IIRC, I bought one from a tool seller out at Westbury some years back and he had a number that came from a place down near Weston super Mare that looked just the same with the same white painted numbering.
T>Hi David,
Reply to
David Billington
Hi David, No I missed out on the grinder, which I was thinking of bidding for as spares, but got a fly press off him.
Tony
David Bill> Did you get this off ebay recently from a guy in Bath. Just wondering
Reply to
Tony Ashgrove

Site Timeline