Need help with plotting...

Hiya,
I've spent the last year learning modeling, but creating great plots
has me stumped. I build cabinets and furniture and need to create
nice drawings.
I'm not sure how to create different viewports that display different
details without madly freezing the layer of every object in the way.
Of course, freezing layers can remove items I do want.
As you can see, I am quite lost. I would love to know the workflow of
someone who does have to create drawings with viewports like this and/
or useful commands as well as any web links that might help.
Thanks...
Stumped
Reply to
smarf