eBay prices tanked

All markets fluctuate, it is the nature of markets. With less work there may be more time on peoples hands to clear out there unused equipment or they may need the bucks to make payroll until the customer that is already

60 days late comes through with payment.

When gas prices skyrocketed the used car market valued econoboxes more and SUV's less.

As some firms go belly-up more equipment gets auctioned off and the prices for used equipment goes down.

Situations always make deals.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

Nein...God ist taub.

Gunner

"Not so old as to need virgins to excite him, nor old enough to have the patience to teach one."

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Eide sind nur Geräte....(sp?)....shrug. Least for the lumpinproletariate.

Gunner

"Not so old as to need virgins to excite him, nor old enough to have the patience to teach one."

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Whoever wrote that piece has a very stong anti-US stance and outlook.

"U.S. involvement in World War II (1941-45) was sparked by the surprise attack on Pearl Harbor, and fear of an Axis invasion of North America. Allied bombers attacked fascist military targets, but also fire-bombed German and Japanese cities such as Dresden and Tokyo, party under the assumption that destroying civilian neighborhoods would weaken the resolve of the survivors and turn them against their regimes. Many historians agree that fire- bombing's effect was precisely the opposite--increasing Axis civilian support for homeland defense, and discouraging potential coup attempts. The atomic bombing of Japan at the end of the war was carried out without any kind of advance demonstration or warning that may have prevented the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians."

Can you spot the bias?

Even the blind could. As well as the revisiionisms in that single paragraph. The rest of the piece is rife with it.

"Not so old as to need virgins to excite him, nor old enough to have the patience to teach one."

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Ja, danke. Its been many years....shrug

Gunner

"Not so old as to need virgins to excite him, nor old enough to have the patience to teach one."

Reply to
Gunner Asch

"duty is duty" violates Godwin?

We could have mentioned the events occuring around Lieutenant Vladimir Shneur, of the 9th Kiev Hussar Regiment in November, 1917 at Petrograd.

The end result was the same.

Pity.

Gunner

"Not so old as to need virgins to excite him, nor old enough to have the patience to teach one."

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Indeed...and they are indeed well aware what the Oath consists of..and what they are swearing to.

Which is why the standard wisdom is that the Blue Beanies would need to be involved before troops would be used against the populace. At which point..conventional military forces would decide whom "enemies, foreign and domestic" consist of. And take their toys and go home to wait for the Blue Beanies.

Gunner

"Not so old as to need virgins to excite him, nor old enough to have the patience to teach one."

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I think that, if anything, 200 PSI gauges are more suitable for people like me, who want to use them with regular shop compressed air. I would venture to guess that this makes the majority of the actual users of gauges. (not mere collectors).

Accidentally, the gauge that I sold on July 3, was bought by a guy operating a real steam locomotive. He told me that he will keep it as a spare for now. I just conversed with him yesterday about cleaning up brass gauges.

I agree.

That could apply, as well. Still, looking at completed collectibles with "steam gauge" shows prices that are rather lower than what I used to see.

Thanks... This guy is very interested in everything treain related.

Ignoramus28897

How many people have their own rail road???

Reply to
cavelamb

I skipped the meeting, but the Memos showed that Gunner Asch wrote on Tue, 03 Feb 2009 21:35:56 -0800 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

Some people seem unaware that "Behfel ist behfel!" is something which goes back long before 1934. German militarism as a cliche only dates to about the 1870s, but the Prussians had it down long before then. German thoroughgoingness is one reason some of the most productive parts of the post WW2 economic landscape was Germany, be that the capitalist west or the Marxist east.

tschus pyotr

-- pyotr filipivich We will drink no whiskey before its nine. It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

I skipped the meeting, but the Memos showed that Gunner Asch wrote on Tue, 03 Feb 2009 21:24:15 -0800 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

Scary though? That those who do take promises seriously, tend also to join the military services, because the services are serious about them too.

It has been interesting to read of the number of Hispanic Americans who joined the USMC, because of the manly qualities of the USMC. Honor, respect, duty, responsibility.

I suspect a number of "lumpenproles" have too much respect for promises, to make ones they're not going to keep. :-) [Gordon's explanation why he hadn't ever married.]

tschus pyotr

-- pyotr filipivich We will drink no whiskey before its nine. It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

I skipped the meeting, but the Memos showed that Gunner Asch wrote on Wed, 04 Feb 2009 01:44:47 -0800 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

At which point we get decor according to Ly. As in Ug Ly.

-- pyotr filipivich We will drink no whiskey before its nine. It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

I haven't been following machine related prices, but in late December I talked to an antiques dealer who sells mostly on eBay and she said things weren't moving. Quality items however still have a market she noted. The prices may not have been at their highest, but they sold.

RWL

Reply to
GeoLane at PTD dot NET

So are liberal men wearing woman's underwear and driving hybrid cars.

Reply to
clarkmagnuson

There is no big downturn..yet. But with all the money they are printing, there should be one.

Reply to
clarkmagnuson

I don't know, Clark. If you run into one, ask him what kind of underwear he's wearing. If his eyes light up and he looks straight at you, take off. d8-)

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Anyone who types, "The paranoid gun nutz" with his keyboard gets his underwear as hand me downs from Nancy [500,000,000 jobs per month] Peloci.

Reply to
clarkmagnuson

Another graduate of Braindead University, I see.

Listen, Clark. There are respectable and sane gun owners, like you and me (I'm hoping I'm right about you...), and there are paranoid gun nutz. Having been a volunteer lobbyist for my state's affiliate of the NRA (The Coalition of New Jersey Sportsmen), and having written editorials and PR for the same, as well as serving as a delegate to my county Republican convention on urging from NRA to help nominate a pro-gun candidate for Governor, as well as having been a DCM range officer and a rifle instructor with NRA and New York state certification, and having eight Sharpshooter bars earned as a kid , I'm quite familiar with both. Watch out for the ones who wear digger hats on public ranges, for example.

The ones who are buying trunkfuls of guns and ammo right now clearly are paranoid. Most of them probably are a little nutz -- an opinion based on real-world exposure, not on psychological testing. It's like Jesse Jackson saying that running into a gang of black kids on a dark street worries him more than if they were white kids.

Unfortunately, there are quite a few gun nutz among the responsible gun owners. They're like a pestilence on the houses of you and me. But they

*are* the ones who probably will do most to boost spending in the hunting and fishing department at Wal-Mart.

So, as I said to Richard, don't tell them that you think they may be overreacting. They could be doing the economy some good. d8-)

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Well pardon me, I thought you were as liberal as Hitler.

Reply to
clarkmagnuson

Do a timeline from 1967 to today. What has changed? Paranoid has a definition and based on how fast the 2nd Amendment has eroded, we are not nutz or paranoid.

Wes

Reply to
Wes