Enco Attaboy - Delta sander experience

Hi all,

A little while back there was a thread that touched on Enco's customer service, so I thought there might be some interest in a recent interaction I had with Enco. The standard spiel about not being invested in Enco goes here...

About six weeks ago I bought an inexpensive Delta belt/disc sander from Enco. This was to replace another even less expensive sander that had done yeoman's duty for the last umpteen years. The sander arrived and it worked fine but was never really... right. It sounded like it wasn't balanced properly.

After listening to it for a couple of weeks, and not expecting much in the way of satisfaction, I called Enco and explained that while the sander wasn't broken, it didn't "feel" right. I was trying to get a take on whether this was normal for a cheap sander nowadays. The customer service guy spent a good amount of time with me, and then told me he'd try to get ahold of Delta and call me back. Five minutes later he called with the Delta guy on the line and we spent ten minutes sussing out the situation. The Delta guy thought that maybe the bearings were funky, but obviously couldn't be sure over the phone. The Enco guy heard the Delta guy say that there may be a problem, and then decided that I needed to try a new sander. He gave me an RA for the old sander, sent a new one out and, he issued a call tag for the old one and UPS picked it up. The new sander indeed runs better and sounds "right" and smooth.

I thought that Enco did a nice job of taking care of what might have easily been seen as a vague complaint about an inexpensive piece of equipment. I expected them to say they wouldn't do anything. or reluctantly give me an RA, but they sent out a new item to figure out if the problem was endemic to all the Delta sanders or specific to mine. It was way more than I expected from a supplier of inexpensive tools in this day and age.

Regards,

Peter

Reply to
Peter Grey
§ x?VKÛ6¾ûWðPì^ Û ?&?¢Íîm¤ûHI¬)RáÎþ}¿!e¯¥Ö@/»²(}?ùCíî¾&ß~æÈ^=z?Ëougâ?ÇïL>FÛCe9ÞõX;yYi«FzV;?ðÏ?¾w\½~ó?_«?×ä®gj*¹ª& Õ ¬ªªÝ;ý>c>iEÆì?ÒïÏ÷®¯ÕGet??ÕiÐø[SsPq`áZvÂ??*ºÔ Ü*gÕ?q÷A5)D7¢Ãf`Ô ïUp꯺ÔqAµ\?µQz=¢4MÊsÃ6??ÔD}V¸Ïj@)'?¼¥Ô?"?|«¤Ù(ª]?Ê:ÙDÛhGl?ªu©Zõ?ÃW g·9?AS'æX?º´EÈümbô?ÕOl"ak_µ:4* 8ðÓy7®7½t C¦::ô?jNÈR|d« ¼ ^ð¼¬?°±Âle5³ÉB?6ÅYuNfe,§q? Ìv gú yø{?©¸?=9ÀR?>U &¤\?â
Reply to
Lane

They also took a hand tapper back and gave me a new one without a murmur of dissent. Since Enco got bought out by MSC they are an entirely different place.

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Sure is nice to see that, occasionally someone appears to understand the term "customer service" Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller