fa: air flow meter anyone? for HVAC type work - in very nice velvet case

this is a very nice looking unit, but in the interests of space, I don't need it

I figure with all the discussion here about setting up heating or cooling for one's shop, someone will probably have a use for this - and it's metal, and it's really pretty (and winter is coming and it will help you balance your heater to properly distribute the heat). I haven't seen a real tool in a velvet case in a long time - it sure looks nice than a cheezy blowmolded plastic case - probably not "better", but certainly much nicer to look at.

Besides drafting tools, I don't remember anything else in velvet cases - do you guys have other examples, particularly of working tools?

Reply to
William Noble

freight is a deal killer

Reply to
jusme

really? I'm somewhat surprised - this has got to be worth $30 to someone (that's the opening bid plus shipping) -

but that aside - how about that cool velvet case? are there other examples of tools intended for use (not display) besides drafting tools that came in a case that was velvet lined?

Reply to
William Noble

I have my dad's Smiths tachometer which has quite a nice case.

WARNING WHEN CHECKING SPEEDS IN EXCESS OF 20,000 RPM, THE TACHOMETER MUST NOT BE RUN LONGER THAN 10 SECONDS AT A TIME. ALLOW THE BEARING TO COOL BEFORE RE-APPLICATION

And, while it sort of falls into the category of draghting tools they are not the usual compass/divider/pen/etcetera, a planimiter by Dixon and Hemepenstall, Dublin.

Reply to
_

The issue is the closing bid + shipping if I get the posters drift right.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

According to William Noble :

[ ... ]

Well ... I've got an optical centering gauge which lives in a velvet-lined case.

And I've got a set of B&S micrometers -- 0-6" range with standards -- in a fitted velvet lined case.

And back when I used them at work, the PIC gear breadboarding kits were mostly in fitted velvet-lined trays.

So yes, there are tools which are in velvet lined cases.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Ah yes -- another tool which I have in such a case.

[ ... ]

Mine (I would have to fight my way to where it is stored to check the brand) is also in a velvet-lined case. I keep remembering more and more things that I have in such cases. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Where did you get anti-static velvet? (:

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Wrong "PIC" -- "Precision Instruments Corporation" IIRC. A maker of precision gears and gearboxes. Mostly 1/4" and 1/8" shaft sizes in my experience. Nothing static sensitive, other than perhaps the person using it. :-)

Not the "stamp computers" type of PIC. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

That's what I get for reading comp.arch.embedded just before I read RCM. (:

Reply to
Jim Stewart