In case anyone needs:

I went this afternoon to look at a W&S #3 turret lathe, expecting to see a piece of junk. Not junk, dirty but mechanically near perfect. Older model, lever head with two speed clutch and motor. Tool post turret showed signs of needing internal cleaning, but when unlocked and the shot pin up, no play, ram turret seemed also solid, but didn't have an indicator to check indexing. Works smoothly and freely. It's under power, and I didn't hear anything out of the headstock that makes me think the gears are bad. Includes what looked like an eight inch chuck, master collet and pads, box tools, couple of centering drill holders, might be more, I didn't look that close. Head stock and feed clutches seemed to work just fine, nothing that would make me worry there. Bar feeder is there too.

There isn't any hurry, it's going to be a couple of weeks before the ground is hard enough to even think about moving it, any truck or fork truck would sink to the axles right now. I got two widely different prices from the two owners, so I'll let them fight that part out. MY best guess is that it's going to be about $500, reasonable considering the condition. South east Wisconsin, I'm going to guess it will be pickup only. I seem to remember it's somewhere in the 3500 pound range.

IF nobody else wants it, I'm not going to let it go for scrap, I'll buy it myself and store it. If anyone's interested, let me know, and like I said, there's no hurry.

Reply to
Lennie the Lurker

Like this one?

15" swing, 1 3/4 thru hole...
Reply to
Statics

Exactly. Different color, and lacking the "patina" on the turret.

Reply to
Lennie the Lurker