FA - for all you old engine types - Adapter to use Jerry Can as fuel tank Mil Surplus

I hadn't seen one of these adapters before - looks like it would come in real handy if you want to run your old engine (or outboard) from a jerry can here's the link

William Noble

That's cool. I start and test run engines in antique and/or racing vehicles long before the vehicle is to be put into use, and don't want to put fuel in the clean tank I use a one gallon paint thinner can with a copper tube outlet soldered into the base as a temp fuel tank.

one test was a little dangerous, only a quick ride to check the transmission function while the paint was drying on the real fuel tank.

Reply to
Stupendous Man

I've found a common 2-liter soda bottle works as a small gas tank; put hose adapter in lid and turn upside down ;)

Reply to
Nick Hull

Jerry Cans in general are very interesting, they were considered an important secret before WWII and have lots of little things about them you never considered (3 handles?) There is an article here:

LLB

Reply to
LLBrown

I always carry a jerry can with gas in my truck.

I also have 8 jerry cans full of diesel fuel (different color paint) in my yard for the generator.

Ignoramus3627

I think someone emailed that photo to me last week - the caption said something like "redneck suicide bomber" :)

Pretty cool bike - is that a '67 Tiger?

Mart> >

tank.http://new.photos.yahoo.com/arborigine/photo/294928803146405030/58> This one test was a little dangerous, only a quick ride to check the

Reply to
Martin

tank.http://new.photos.yahoo.com/arborigine/photo/294928803146405030/58> This one test was a little dangerous, only a quick ride to check the

Go Stupendous Man!! That photo (you w/ gas necklace) made me laugh out loud. Good Stuff!

Reply to
andy

last one of these now on ebay,

William Noble