Fein MultiMaster and Metal Work

I have seen several of the InfoMercials about the Fein Multimaster tool lately. It looks like it would be great for a lot of woodworking jobs but I am wondering how it would be for working on sheet metal and cutting Aluminum or other soft metals? Have any of you ever used it in any kind of metal project?

DL

Reply to
TwoGuns

I can say for sure that they are awesome at cutting a straight line on installed drywall.

Grant

Reply to
Grant Erwin

One of our former members here, Pete Albrecht, uses one to make patch panels for Porsches (his specialty), overlapping the panels and using the fairly narrow kerf of the Multimaster carbide saw to cut both panels at once, preparatory to MIG welding them together. With his encouragement, I bought one to use for a variety of jobs (not counting cutting sheet metal) and I've been very pleased with it.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Their blades are Hellish expensive, and even the metal cutting kind don't stand up. It's a decent detail sander if you get the variable speed unit - good for starting fires otherwise.

** Posted from
**
Reply to
clare at snyder dot ontario do