Fess up time - who did it?

Come on guys who crossposted & invited the gene pool dregs into RCM?

alt.california alt.politics.obama alt.politics.republicans misc.survivalism alt.cities.chicago

Now how do we get rid of them?

Reply to
Dennis

Fact: Gummer

Reply to
Wild_Bill

You can try replying with really nasty, provocative responses, while stripping RCM out of the newsgroups list. I've done it before. I can't tell if it works, but it's worth a shot.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Advise adjust your filters. Seamonkey example: Tools > Message Filters > New > WhackoPolitics >

[From Contains] > alt.california > OR > [From Contains] > politics > OR > [From Contains] > survivalism > OR > [From Contains] > cities OK

OK? :)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Yep, me too. ;)

Reply to
Dennis

I didn't want to have to stuff around with that, I may have to. Just had a quick look my options in OE, it looks like I can filter on crossposts. Thanks.

Reply to
Dennis

"Dennis" wrote

I have OE. Would you please take the time to post how to? I know I get in a hurry at times, wanting to get out world-saving information quickly, and sometimes crosspost, but I try not to.

Your help would be appreciated.

Reply to
Steve B

(...)

It is well worth your time.

After checking my records, I see that there have been entire political mud parties and hundreds of SPAM ads that I never saw because I filter wisely.

Now, RCMers are patient, informative and generous.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Reply to
Karl Townsend

great idea

Reply to
Ignoramus3276

If you got good at it, you could get them fighting amongst themselves, without noticing that RCM is not on the list. d8-)

However, this sounds a little too neat to work. I never checked to see what my insulting and provocative posts generated on the other NGs, except for misc.survivalist.nutbags, and those wackos keep pasting RCM back in. I blame Gunner.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Last I saw of Cliff was on January 27, 2011, but he's been in my bozo bin for a lot longer than that. Unless he is nym shifting, of course.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

I use the following Delete filter in the Agent news reader to filter out postings from those who insist on sharing their wisdom with many news groups simultaneously.

newsgroups: ({\,.+\,.+\,} and rec.crafts.metalworking)

Reply to
Usual suspect

Edit your groups and follow-ups, or simply don't reply.

Reply to
Rich Grise

I use Thunderbird, so the automatic filters are limited to poster names.

But killing any thread with alt.anything knocks 160 messages down to 16.

I'm rather surprised when the weekly report comes out.

Reply to
CaveLamb

It seems you are right Bill.

Reply to
Dennis

In OE I just created a message rule (Message>Create Rule From Message) With the condition being:

Unfortunately it looks like you HAVE to subscribe to misc.survivavlism inorder to delete crossposts in other NGs.

I dont yet know if this works at all - I'll wait & see.

I cant be bothered swapping to another news reader. It sucks that others cant be more considerate with their crossposting.

Reply to
Dennis

UPDATE - don't try to filter as I suggested. It seems to hang my laptop for ages. I've removed the filter. Perhaps I do need to look at Agent or another News Reader. :(

Reply to
Dennis

Try Newsproxy as a prefilter.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

that filter won't work in OE, but what will work is to delete messages from your selection of worthless senders, and those with a few key words, including "libertard", and "pelosi", and so on - all the usual blather that these guys put out. - that will help a lot.

Reply to
.