No boom? Leave it alone......

Here is a case in point on why you shouldn't be poking around with an
undetonated 155 round when you don't know what you're doing. These
guys were friendlies but not American soldiers. RIP

Darwin at work.
Gunner
Reply to
Gunner Asch
Astounding footage. Please post more stuff when you see it.
Reply to
EskWIRED
We have seen a lot of this among both Iraqi and Afghanistani local nationals. More courage than common sense. Like the Iraqi police who would walk over and flip the Red switch on an IED. Most of our troops, as stupid as they are, have the sense to stand off and EOD do their job.
Reply to
Soldier in a Combat Zone
Holy shit is right.
They kept saying 4 guys, but just before the blast one other guy walks into the frame at around the 2 or 3 o'clock making it 5, so maybe 2 did make it.
Regardless, RIP to the guys who didn't.
Reply to
Li RM
Anybody know what these videos are shot from and from how far away?
Reply to
Cydrome Leader
155mm shell at a ten foot radius max. Do the math. The crater was farther out than the guy was standing. Too bad they didn't have an IR on it, and it would have shown lots of white dots all around the crater. 98.6 and cooling. I saw a chain cannon video with IR, and the body parts were clearly visible on IR.
Steve
Reply to
SteveB
What do you suppose the camera was flying around in? It sure made enough passes around the crater. Sure was nicely stabalized too. ...lew...
Reply to
Lew Hartswick
:
It looked like an UAV which flies about a mile away (and Up, yes they are that good). Not sure of the voice chatter (radio and intercomm).
Reply to
Soldier in a Combat Zone
Likely from an Apache, and 500-2000 feet way based on some intel and training at photo enterp.
In this case, likely to be 1000 feet or more , based on the unconcern about incoming shrap and the aircraft didnt rock very much in the blast wave.
When they pulled the lens back to show the area, it was probably 1:1
Gunner
Reply to
Gunner Asch
unfortunately, america and bush will be blamed by their families
Reply to
raamman
Do you see that much combat in lafayette Indiana?
IP address: 74.132.213.110 Reverse DNS: 74-132-213-110.dhcp.insightbb.com. Reverse DNS authenticity: [Verified] ASN: 36727 ASN Name: INSIGHT-COMMUNICATIONS-CORP-AS1 IP range connectivity: 1 Registrar (per ASN): ARIN Country (per IP registrar): US [United States] Country Currency: USD [United States Dollars] Country IP Range: 74.128.0.0 to 74.191.255.255 Country fraud profile: Normal City (per outside source): Lafayette, Indiana Country (per outside source): US [United States] Private (internal) IP? No IP address registrar: whois.arin.net Known Proxy? No Link for WHOIS: 74.132.213.110
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell
IP address: 99.228.67.130 Reverse DNS: cpe0213d4bafa7b-cm0011aec84634.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com. Reverse DNS authenticity: [Verified] ASN: 0 ASN Name: IANA-RSVD-0 IP range connectivity: 0 Registrar (per ASN): Unknown Country (per IP registrar): CA [Canada] Country Currency: CAD [Canada Dollars] Country IP Range: 99.224.0.0 to 99.255.255.255 Country fraud profile: Normal City (per outside source): Toronto, Ontario Country (per outside source): CA [Canada] Private (internal) IP? No IP address registrar: whois.arin.net Known Proxy? No Link for WHOIS: 99.228.67.130
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell
On the 30mm chain cannon footage I saw, it was at max range, which is 4,000m for the chain cannon. Nearly three miles. Not a long distance for today's high dollar military cameras. It could have been closer than that. I was able to see a black stripe of clothing going around the chest of one of the men, indicating the range was not that great.
Steve
Reply to
SteveB
Wow, you learned to read headers and look up ip addresses. Amazing. Leet haxor skillz, yo.
Reply to
sittingduck
x-no-archive:yes
Just returned from a combat tour. Not bad for someone pushing 60. But then us old guys do a better job of fighting this type of war (if we kept in shape and have our health).
Here is a picture of me with Bill O'Reilly
Reply to
Soldier in a Combat Zone
x-no-archive:yes
Soldier in a Combat Zone
e:
Yes, it could have been an AH-64 gunship. I was thinking that the only other platform would have been an AC-130U but they do not circle as fast. An AH-64 and the UAVs would. An AH-64 would account for the radio chatter.
Reply to
Soldier in a Combat Zone
x-no-archive:yes
Done what? Vietnam era?
This is different. For one thing you have lawyers all over the place second guessing you. I tried to tell folks here about that several years back. They could not understand back then that we military did not have unlimited rules of engagement (ROE). Our ROE today is more like law enforcement.
Also you did two years in service then out. Now it is 8 years minimum (some active, the rest either reserves or IRR). And this last tour was 15 months! And it was my fourth tour. But then this is an old man's war. Most of the kids just are too babied to fight (3 out of 4 kids in America these days can not even meet minimum military standards and never will). But then most of you could not do what I am doing either. Most of you have let yourselves go, are way too fat and have huge health problems.
Reply to
Soldier in a Combat Zone
American troops are trained to recognize and mark uxo's. And walk away.
Reply to
hot-ham-and-cheese