No boom? Leave it alone......

no, we call them in and wait for EOD to come and get rid of it. You never leave UXO out there as the local nationals will dig it up (just like these idiots did), some to sell to the bad guys and others to sell to us.

Reply to
Soldier in a Combat Zone

Chuckle...young pups always are shucking the old farts. Wait 30 yrs and see what the young pups have to say about you.

Gunner, RVN 71-73 11b4

Reply to
Gunner Asch

470th MI?

Welcome home Sarge

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Indeed. Though I suspect Ham was just being specious.

I wonder if it was command detonated or had a grenade under it?

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

to be that stupid they are either Iraqi or Blackwater.

Reply to
The Rifleman

No it prefers wiping out entire families and on a good day entire villages.

Reply to
The Rifleman

The Brits and the Canadians have done worst....

Reply to
Soldier in a Combat Zone

Gunner, you are not that much older than I am. And yes, the kids in the ranks feel uppity. However, we are producing a mindset in our young (between high school and the sitcoms on TV) that makes them very cruel. In most of the Islamic world life is already cruel, so cruel that there is very little that we Americans can do that is worst. When people use Opium to overcome hunger then beating them is not going to have any effect.

What we old soldiers bring to the table is that we understand kindness. Not the touchy feely stuff but rather kindness as a weapon. You show kindness to most Muslims and it has an effect. Just the opposite of what Americans would do. Americans are ungrateful but if you kick their ass they roll over like beaten pups. With Muslims you can beat them all day and not much effect but they are very grateful for little acts of kindness.

I have had Muslims in many countries come to me, after they have gotten to know me, and state that they would die for me. They are that grateful for the little things that I have done for them. I wish that I had the time to go into detail.

Our kids are taking too long to grow up. Their mommies baby them. We can not afford a 30 year childhood. Europe is worst. We have to get tougher. We need, individually, a sense of faith (something to hold on to), we need to be physically in shape, we need mental toughness. And all of that is lacking in the US and Europe. We would not be talking about surviving on this group if we thought that our fellow citizens were tough. We face that the facts that at least half our citizens would surrender rather than face hardship.

Reply to
Soldier in a Combat Zone

Couple of problems. You were AF, not a ground pounder. Not the same level of hardship. Even today AF and Navy only spend 6 months in country compared to 15 months for the Army. And we use the AF and Navy for support roles rather than direct contact (though there Navy folks going on patrol these days).

Sorry but there are levels of service and risk out there. And your health problems make it difficult for you to fight the battle that is coming on US soil.

Reply to
Soldier in a Combat Zone

As for the unit, I would rather not say. But I was attached to 5 different units (including the 82nd) all at the same time. Weird, never had that happen before. I could wear any of their patches at anytime and would have been legal.

Personally, I would rather be back over there than here.

Reply to
Soldier in a Combat Zone

The Brits and the Canadians have done worst....

Lets look at the Brit and Cnadian tally Versus the Us tally for Korea, Vietnam, Cambodia, Somalia, Bosnia, Iran and Iraq, without mentioning the millions killed by the two nukes on Japan.

Reply to
The Rifleman

Indeed. Fortunately..the remaining half is made up of the "rough men" that Orwell spoke of.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

We have had the same problem through most of our history, with the start of every war. Fortunatly...when we suddenly find ourselves out on the sharp end, we respond magnificently. Lets hope that continues, for when it ends, the country is done.

Thank you for your long service to our country. God Bless you.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Thought I recognized the patch.

Sigh...I tried to sign up at the start of Sanbox 2. Even hit up Blackwater. Still have some much in demand skills, but also have some long term physical issues as a result of the SEA ratscrew. Shrug

Sound of the drums , and all that.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

You're right. The guys I served with in Alaska at thr uuS Army cold weather trianing center BEGGED to go back to Vietnam. they all said they wout rater be shot, than freeze to death.

I was to send 12 to 18 months in Vietnam, before my orers were changed. About two months later the TV station I was to be assigned to was overrunn and the staff killed, so shove it. i was ready and willing, but my orders changed.

yeah, anyoine who doesn't come home in a boybag didn't serve. i know the type. i see a lot of disabled veterans who had that hammered into them, and are convinced that the VA won't help them.

I could outhoot my instuctor in basic, with a worn out M16 that had no rifliling in the barrel. i hit over 80% of the targets, and he didn't hit anything. You don't have to be able to stand to hit your target.

I guess that it's my fault for assuming someone 60 years old and still in the service would know they US Army had lots of copters, and that the Air Force rain the control towers. How silly of me. I will admit you had me fooled, for a while.

PLONK

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

My dad wanted to go back for desert storm. He was only 68, it wasn't like he was _old_.

tschus pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Maybe predator UAV?

Reply to
Mark Dunning

I've already told you. Multiple times, in fact, including in this thread, when and where I served. Gunner's right. You are a psychotic loser. The fact that you've killed people and now regret it isn't anyone in the United States fault. Either live with your demons, or go away.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

x-no-archive:yes

If you keep your health there is no reason that you can not stay in the fight. There are 70 year old insurgents running around at 7000 feet in Afghanistan who make our young soldiers look feeble.

Reply to
Soldier in a Combat Zone

I think that Gunner nailed it. It appears to be an AH-64 Apache. You would not have the radio traffic with a Pred. Plus it circled too fast.

Reply to
Soldier in a Combat Zone

what's your point there buddy-boy ?

Reply to