No boom? Leave it alone......

Maybe predator UAV?
x-no-archive:yes

I think that Gunner nailed it. It appears to be an AH-64 Apache. You would not have the radio traffic with a Pred. Plus it circled too fast.

unfortunately, america and bush will be blamed by their families
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

IP address: 99.228.67.130 Reverse DNS: cpe0213d4bafa7b-cm0011aec84634.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com. Reverse DNS authenticity: [Verified] ASN: 0 ASN Name: IANA-RSVD-0 IP range connectivity: 0 Registrar (per ASN): Unknown Country (per IP registrar): CA [Canada] Country Currency: CAD [Canada Dollars] Country IP Range: 99.224.0.0 to 99.255.255.255 Country fraud profile: Normal City (per outside source): Toronto, Ontario Country (per outside source): CA [Canada] Private (internal) IP? No IP address registrar: whois.arin.net Known Proxy? No Link for WHOIS: 99.228.67.130
prove it.
Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Wow, you learned to read headers and look up ip addresses. Amazing. Leet haxor skillz, yo.
--
http://improve-usenet.org

x-no-archive:yes
wrote:

Done what? Vietnam era?
This is different. For one thing you have lawyers all over the place second guessing you. I tried to tell folks here about that several years back. They could not understand back then that we military did not have unlimited rules of engagement (ROE). Our ROE today is more like law enforcement.
Also you did two years in service then out. Now it is 8 years minimum (some active, the rest either reserves or IRR). And this last tour was 15 months! And it was my fourth tour. But then this is an old man's war. Most of the kids just are too babied to fight (3 out of 4 kids in America these days can not even meet minimum military standards and never will). But then most of you could not do what I am doing either. Most of you have let yourselves go, are way too fat and have huge health problems.
On Sun, 2 Mar 2008 20:28:53 -0800 (PST), Soldier in a Combat Zone

Chuckle...young pups always are shucking the old farts. Wait 30 yrs and see what the young pups have to say about you.
Gunner, RVN 71-73 11b4
x-no-archive:yes

Gunner, you are not that much older than I am. And yes, the kids in the ranks feel uppity. However, we are producing a mindset in our young (between high school and the sitcoms on TV) that makes them very cruel. In most of the Islamic world life is already cruel, so cruel that there is very little that we Americans can do that is worst. When people use Opium to overcome hunger then beating them is not going to have any effect.
What we old soldiers bring to the table is that we understand kindness. Not the touchy feely stuff but rather kindness as a weapon. You show kindness to most Muslims and it has an effect. Just the opposite of what Americans would do. Americans are ungrateful but if you kick their ass they roll over like beaten pups. With Muslims you can beat them all day and not much effect but they are very grateful for little acts of kindness.
I have had Muslims in many countries come to me, after they have gotten to know me, and state that they would die for me. They are that grateful for the little things that I have done for them. I wish that I had the time to go into detail.
Our kids are taking too long to grow up. Their mommies baby them. We can not afford a 30 year childhood. Europe is worst. We have to get tougher. We need, individually, a sense of faith (something to hold on to), we need to be physically in shape, we need mental toughness. And all of that is lacking in the US and Europe. We would not be talking about surviving on this group if we thought that our fellow citizens were tough. We face that the facts that at least half our citizens would surrender rather than face hardship.
On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 04:05:15 -0800 (PST), Soldier in a Combat Zone

Indeed. Fortunately..the remaining half is made up of the "rough men" that Orwell spoke of.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
We have had the same problem through most of our history, with the start of every war. Fortunatly...when we suddenly find ourselves out on the sharp end, we respond magnificently. Lets hope that continues, for when it ends, the country is done.
Thank you for your long service to our country. God Bless you.
Gunner

And God bless you too, Gunner - your an outrageous winger, probably as mad as a hatter, but you would be welcome in my home. You did your duty, you didnt wimp it (or go to Oxford, or join a long range nuclear bomber interceptor reserve squadron). Irrespective of the rights and wrongs of a conflict, I can and do respect that.
Got a Yankee friend locally here - he was in the AF (yours) in Vietnam. I asked him why he volunteered - he replied
"Because I knew I was going to be drafted anyway. I had figured out the AF was the only service where it was the officers who were doing the actual fighting. So, they trained me as a maintenance engineer, and apart from the occasional long range attack on the airfield, I got through Vietnam OK.."
This has got nothing to do with the thread, of course. BUT - I love the military build stuff, nicely built, well documented, - hours of entertainment to creatively ferret into.....the artillery round, well, even I wouldn't want to fiddle with it...although the fusing and firing mechanism would be an interesting piece of electronic design...now, what could I convert it into..... am currently making a optical chopper using precsion parts salvaged from dead VCR's....
Got another friend, a Latvian, who got drafted into the Russian army at 18 (compulsory national service, very few get "exemptions" - is that democracy at work, or what?)
He got blown up in Afghanistan - the story is too long to tell here - fixed him up, then sent him to Chechnya(SP?).
When he was discharged, he said he wore his uniform and ribbons for 2 years = always got him free drinks and meals as the people had respect for those who went and fought, even if they did hate the war anyway. And the Russians had (still have?) a system whereby if you are injured in combat, on discharge you are eligible (still on army wages) to do ANY university course you want , paid for, the normal entry requirements waived. Sounds like they treat their vets OK.
Andrew VK3BFA.
x-no-archive:yes
wrote:

Couple of problems. You were AF, not a ground pounder. Not the same level of hardship. Even today AF and Navy only spend 6 months in country compared to 15 months for the Army. And we use the AF and Navy for support roles rather than direct contact (though there Navy folks going on patrol these days).
Sorry but there are levels of service and risk out there. And your health problems make it difficult for you to fight the battle that is coming on US soil.
Soldier in a Combat Zone wrote:

You're right. The guys I served with in Alaska at thr uuS Army cold weather trianing center BEGGED to go back to Vietnam. they all said they wout rater be shot, than freeze to death.

I was to send 12 to 18 months in Vietnam, before my orers were changed. About two months later the TV station I was to be assigned to was overrunn and the staff killed, so shove it. i was ready and willing, but my orders changed.

yeah, anyoine who doesn't come home in a boybag didn't serve. i know the type. i see a lot of disabled veterans who had that hammered into them, and are convinced that the VA won't help them.

I could outhoot my instuctor in basic, with a worn out M16 that had no rifliling in the barrel. i hit over 80% of the targets, and he didn't hit anything. You don't have to be able to stand to hit your target.
I guess that it's my fault for assuming someone 60 years old and still in the service would know they US Army had lots of copters, and that the Air Force rain the control towers. How silly of me. I will admit you had me fooled, for a while.
PLONK
prove it.

what's your point there buddy-boy ?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

That you learn to read a DNS lookup? That Canadians have no say in what happens south of their border? Take your pick. Or your medications.
prove it.

it was in iraq, not south of the border, fool ! you may be able to read a dns but you sure as hell can't read english, can you ? 2nd language perhaps ? what are you, al queada ? read my original post again, or maybe ask a nurse to explain it to you
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

So, you still don't know how to read a DNS lookup? That's no surprise. It clearly states the message was posted from Canada through a broadband cable connection owned by Rogers. Looks like you need to see your nurse, or more likely, the team of shrinks.
prove it.
Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Ever heard of a proxy? FFS, you and gummer sure like to prove how stupid you are. Repeatedly. Keep going though, it's fairly amusing.
--
http://improve-usenet.org

sittingduck wrote:

Sure, but what's your point? The post was made through that computer, even if it's a zombie. Only criminals and terrorists need to post through proxies, so which are you?
prove it.
Gunner Asch wrote:

Or snort 'dew' and red hot chili peppers out of your nose?
prove it.

No it prefers wiping out entire families and on a good day entire villages.