Fiberglass Plate

Neither metallic nor political:

Does anyone know a good source for this stuff, at a better price than McMaster:

I'm looking for 1/4" thick. 3 or 4 inch wide sheets would be nice, because I could just make my part that size, and save on cuts.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

I use Regal Plastics in Dallas.

Google for G10 fiberglass to find a closer source?

Reply to
Richard

Well, I instantly note that the 3"x72 "electrical grade" 1/4" sheet is a lot less expensive (10 cents/sq in and it is fire retardant) than 4" x

96 "mechanical grade" (17 cents/sq in, 20 for fire retardant) and that's before you ship it, where 6 feet is a big saver unless you are ordering a lot. The vague mechanical descriptors are also better ("excellent" .vs. "good" and higher temperature) - so if you hadn't looked down the page there's that for free.
Reply to
Ecnerwal

Right. The discussions here revolve around rightist politics, construction work, how stupid democrats are, who's black or white and who's making a gun or bullets.

What do you make of that mix?

Reply to
mogulah

You might try searching for NEMA G10. It's a fairly standardized glass-epoxy laminate, widely manufactured and used. Probably a bit better than the polyester from McMaster. It's no fun to machine.

hth,

bob prohaska

Reply to
User Bp