Foam for insrtument cases

I've seen big foam bandsaws cutting slab stock (3' thick X 8' X

16-20') that work on the same principle, two blades running in opposite directions, big moving table. I've got an electric carving knife for the same use.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Peter T. Keillor III

Some years ago, when I was looking for a way to cut foam rubber to surround a wooden piccolo in a case, someone suggested that I try the bandsaw. I tried it, expecting it to grab and massively distort the foam, but it turned out to work really well. Plain old metal-cutting bandsaw blade, fairly high SFM.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Reply to