Ford Ranger-Update

I turned in all my pop bottles and my tinfoil ball and dug up some dead presidents..and drove down and put this on my truck yesterday.

Crom but its nice. So why am I having buyers remose?

Perhaps because I paid only a few hundred less than I paid for the truck?

Sigh.....

It is nice..looks good, surprisingly light. WIll be a real asset.....

ouch!

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

You're moving up in the world, looks like you've got a nice ride now. I 'd like to see it when its loaded with tools.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

And a nice logo on the side, too.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Nice going Gunner!!

My son uses similar canopy for surveying. Being able to step into the back and pull stuff form the side is a great benefit. Good choice.

Ivan Vegvary

Reply to
Ivan Vegvary

I have a logo..but none of my vehicles will ever bear a sign, unless its a magnetic one..and then rarely.

I work in at least 15 different So. California cities/towns/municipalities.

Im not wanting to buy a business license in each of them.

And that unfortunately happens all to frequently with us little guys.

I can think of only one, maybe 2 independants like myself, who have signs on their trucks.

Thats why the freeways in So Cal are filled with comercial service vehicles...with the logo'd ones part of Big companies, like Otis and so forth.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

My brother, who is a state licensed master electrician, put logo's with the phone number on magnetic signs. He figured if he was too busy, he would pull the phone numbers off but leave the logo up for advertizing. Always the optimist. ;)

Wes

Reply to
Wes

You paid $900.00 for something that costs $2,800.00, and you have buyer's remorse?!?

Cheapskate!

Reply to
Abrasha

Yeah, God forbid, you'd make a success of yourself, and maybe manage a real company, with guys driving trucks for you in 15 cities instead of you driving the truck yourself.

You sure live the American dream, don't you.

Reply to
Abrasha

Gunner, you got a good deal, far better than having one made (has it got pipe racks?)....its just SO NICE to have something where you do not have to stuff around digging through stuff (usually in the rain) to get to what you want. Strongly suggest you upgrade the locks, (to hasp and staple and padlock) and put in weldmesh screening inside the glass......I know here, I cant afford commercial insurance on my tools/ gear, (30% premium, bugger that) so its a disaster if they get knocked off....any way you can fit a vice/vise(whatever) to the chassis for those times you need something solid..makes a difference if you can...dont bother with alarms, they are ignored, but get an imobiliser fitted if it doesn't already have one...

Regards,

Andrew VK3BFA.

Reply to
Andrew VK3BFA

I LIKE IT!!! It will pay for itself many times over and enable you to be more productive.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Oddly enough..and typically..you snipped this part

"And that unfortunately happens all to frequently with us little guys.

I can think of only one, maybe 2 independants like myself, who have signs on their trucks.

Thats why the freeways in So Cal are filled with comercial service vehicles...with the logo'd ones part of Big companies, like Otis and so forth."

Heads up, Abnoxious...if I make a sucess and have other techs working for me..then Ill be a Big Company...and then Ill have signs.

What part of not being able to afford a $500 business license in a town I might do $300 worth of work in a years time, do you not understand?

Fucktard.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I prefer to think of myself as "thrifty", which goes along with my Master Scrounger classification.

Such shells are easily enough to find for long bed Rangers. Every alarm/cable/CCTV company has them, and ya can pick em up for $250-400.

Shells sized for the extended cab trucks..6',. are much rarer, which is why I bit the bullet..and paid serious money for it.

And gritted my teeth..actually had my lady pull the money out of my wallet and give it to the guy..I couldnt stand to watch. Shrug

6 months ago..that would have been nearly an entire months income. Im only temporarily prosperous. Time will tell it it keeps up. However..it was really something I had to do. I could have continued with the old fiberglass shell Ive used for the past 10 yrs....but it, like me...is getting a bit long in the tooth.

Now Im trying to find a complete set of racks/bins/shelves and a safety cage for Moby Dick, my high topped extended 1 ton E350 van.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Logos are an attractant for low-life insurance scammers.

-Carl

Reply to
Carl Byrns

On Sun, 02 Sep 2007 21:14:45 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner Asch quickly quoth:

But an excellent deal. Those are very nice toppers.

-- "Not always right, but never uncertain." --Heinlein -=-=-

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Gunner Asch wrote: ...

Right! No one will suspect that it's really a TOY! A really nice toy, it's toy-ness completely hidden by its business nature. Nice ploy, Gunner, but you're busted. Just hope that your wife doesn't read this.

, Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

=========== Key words here are "real asset."

Unka' George [George McDuffee] ============ Merchants have no country. The mere spot they stand on does not constitute so strong an attachment as that from which they draw their gains.

F. George McDuffee

I had a fiberglass version on a Ford F150 for a few years. Got rid of it because it was such a PITA to get stuff in and out of and because it increased the in cab noise bigtime. Hope you enjoy yours more that I did mine. But it did keep friends from asking me to haul furniture and appliances for them because stuff like that would not fit inside

Reply to
Gerry

On my ranger I located the wires to the fuel pump cutoff and stuck a switch inline. Crank, no start. No amount of hotwiring will steal that truck, and most thieves won't go looking. But I think I may put a breaker in the ignition wiring so the truck doesn't burn to the ground. I have a group 37 battery after all. (:

Reply to
B.B.

I would never put a sign up on my vehicle. I have more than enough cnc and manual customer repair work than I can handle right now. I don't even hand out business cards. A sign on the vehicle just advertises I have a lot of tools.... please break in and take some.

John

Reply to
john

Ford runs the return for the fuel pump back to the battery connection on many of their models. In fact there is a disconnect right near the battery. I learned that driving up to Winsor Ontario several years ago. THe connection was going bad and the car would shut off after about a half hour of runnning.

John

Reply to
john