DOD says Gunner is full of $hit

DoD Statement on News Reports of Al Qaeda and Iraq Connections News reports that the Defense Department recently confirmed new information with respect to contacts between al Qaeda and Iraq in a letter to the Senate Intelligence Committee are inaccurate.

A letter was sent to the Senate Intelligence Committee on Oct. 27, 2003, from Douglas J. Feith, under secretary of defense for policy, in response to follow-up questions from his July 10 testimony. One of the questions posed by the committee asked the department to provide the reports from the intelligence community to which he referred in his testimony before the committee. These reports dealt with the relationship between Iraq and al Qaeda.

The letter to the committee included a classified annex containing a list and description of the requested reports, so that the committee could obtain the reports from the relevant members of the intelligence community.

The items listed in the classified annex were either raw reports or products of the CIA, the National Security Agency or, in one case, the Defense Intelligence Agency. The provision of the classified annex to the Intelligence Committee was cleared by other agencies and done with the permission of the intelligence community. The selection of the documents was made by DoD to respond to the committee's question. The classified annex was not an analysis of the substantive issue of the relationship between Iraq and al Qaeda, and it drew no conclusions.

Individuals who leak or purport to leak classified information are doing serious harm to national security; such activity is deplorable and may be illegal.

Reply to
ATP

What do you want from a guy who sez he is a) caring for a seriously ill wife who returned from deserting him; b) is $400,000 in debt; c) has a business income of $24,000 per year and sez he has business expenses of $20,000; and who then spends mega time trolling on the Internet rather than at least getting a second job at McDonalds to help pay his way. He told the group all of this when I called him out on saying he did not "remember" betting to send $20 to the Red Crescent if no WMD were found in Iraq.

There was a point when I had 3 jobs (one FT and 2 PT) so that I could make ends meet and build a bank account. You do what you have to, and then some.

He is to be taken with a grain of salt. Once he told the story (in a pique of anger I should add), I decided to stop adding to his suffering.

Does that make me a compassionate conservative or a bleeding heart liberal?

Reply to
dddd

Now which part was it that claimed that the data was wrong?

Gunner

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Reply to
Gunner

Which part of that refutes what I posted?

Gunner

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Reply to
Gunner

Btw...you are aware of this bit..are you not?

And Democrat Zell Miller (one of the few Dems with intelligence, guts and an ethical code)

Miller on Politicized Intelligence Memo: ?Heads Should Roll? WASHINGTON ? U.S. Senator Zell Miller (D-GA) today released the following statement concerning a memo written by Democratic staff on the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence that suggests ways to politicize intelligence data:

?I have often said that the process in Washington is so politicized and polarized that it can?t even be put aside when we?re at war. Never has that been proved more true than the highly partisan and perhaps treasonous memo prepared for the Democrats on the Intelligence Committee.

?Of all the committees, this is the one single committee that should unquestionably be above partisan politics. The information it deals with should never, never be distorted, compromised or politicized in any shape, form or fashion. For it involves the lives of our soldiers and our citizens. Its actions should always be above reproach; its words never politicized.

?If what has happened here is not treason, it is its first cousin. The ones responsible - be they staff or elected or both should be dealt with quickly and severely sending a lesson to all that this kind of action will not be tolerated, ignored or excused.

?Heads should roll!?

Gunner

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Reply to
Gunner

Gunner,

Your are most certainly not "full of it" as another poster suggests. But I respectfully disagree with the way you are wasting *my* bandwidth. Can't you use more snippage and top posting and all that other good stuff in order to conserve precious bandwidth? Why, it's a cryin' shame the way you go on post after post, repeating the message body, time after time. Please continue with your enlightened posts, by all means, but Hey! Go easy on my bandwidth, already! Don't make me admonish you further by asking that you: "Get offa my bandwidth". !!

Bob (self-appointed bandwidth monitor) Swinney

Bandwidth conservative snippage here.

Reply to
Bob Swinney

Message 2 in thread From: dddd ( snipped-for-privacy@bccc.net) Subject: Re: DOD says Gunner is full of $hit View this article only Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking Date: 2003-11-19 07:46:09 PST

who returned from deserting him;

You have doubts? Ask any of the dozen or so regulars here, who have visited my home.

Thats about what her medical bills have been so far. Shrug. Two heart attacks, double bypass, Factor V/Leiden blood disorder, chronic tachycardia. Fortunately the State has picked up much of the tab. Not all..but much of it. Could be more, could be a bit less. I know Ive spent a lot of money simply getting her the 90 miles round trip several times each week to the various doctors she has to visit. Now that my kid and his pregnant wife have moved in..they both also need medical care, and thats also an added load. We eat lots of beans, rice and maccaroni and cheese at $0.50 a box.

  1. Im a independant, traveling machine tool tech. My home is 140 miles from my customers, so I keep a small RV parked in a mobile home park in Southern California, near my customers. Im on the road 4-5 days a week. This is a bit hard to fit around a part time job. I do try to make a bit of extra money, repairing computers, doing phone work, selling machine tools, brokering etc. All factored into my estimated gross btw. I drive around 65,000 miles a year. That costs a bit, as do the parts, tools, fuel, insurance, etc etc. The truck has 310,000 miles on it. Put in a new engine 6 months ago, and a clutch, slave and master cylinders 2 weeks ago. There are NO part time jobs to be had, in my home area, least of all on the weekends, and none for a 50 yr old man. There are no full time jobs to be had in my home area either, let alone for a 50 yr old. Im too old to work for the various prisons in the area, which besides the oil companies, are the only employers. Move? To where? And with what money? My RV space rent and mortgage on my home, is still less than a small apartment apartment in So.Cal.

As to my mega time on the net. I do a lot of phone support (free btw), and when things are slow during the day, I spend it on the net. When I was a salaried tech, on phone support days, I did the same thing.

Every time I fire up my truck, it costs money. If I have time in the morning, waiting for a customer to get back to me, I post. Not much else to do in a tiny travel trailer thats 20' long. On many Mondays, I stay up at my home, as my wife can then use the truck to visit the doctors, if I have no work. Its easier and cheaper than using mass transit for her to make her doctors visits, get business done over i n Bakersfield. I spend that time working on parts, or working on fixing up an old machine to sell, along with most weekends. Those that have visited..can tell you about what I do. Shrug.

Ever take a part time job and the boss will let you drop everything and go service a customer? Id be happy to make his aquaintance.

I didnt recall it, until you pointed it out, and I also pointed out that they were still looking, but at your insistance, I did send a $20 MO to the Red Crescent. Shrug. Now if they find any, do you refund my money, with interest?

Ya think? Ive patched roofs, unplugged toilets, swept floors etc etc. the last couple years. Im no stranger to work, Ive been on my own since I was 15 and the last vacation I had was 11 yrs ago. I cruise the alleys behind factories for old machines, I network network network with buyers and sellers to find stuff that I can collect a 10% brokers fee on. Not a lot of money when I broker a $500 lathe, but it all helps.

I did a service call yesterday, that will net me $600. Now if I was doing a part time job..I couldnt have made that call, as it was last night. Have any idea how many hours at $5.71 Id have had to work, to make that?

anger I should add),

Nice spin. Democrat I presume?

Actually, Id have to say it shows you to be an asshole of the first water. Shrug.

I dont need your sympathy, I dont need your pity, I really dont need your spew. This is my bronc to ride. Shrug. When I get tossed off, I get up and dust off, then climb back on again. And will continue to do so until they kick dirt over me. My life has been a result of my choices, both good and bad, with a bit of good and bad luck tossed in. Its no one elses fault, and its to no one elses credit either. Would I do things differently? Damned right I would. But unless you can point me to the Wayback Machine, Im stuck with what Ive got.

You can sit in your nice snug home, and point fingers, make fun and generally spew shit. Go for it. Its your right to do so. Enjoy. You and APT make good butt buddies. Now when either of you pricks decide to walk a few miles in my boots, yall are welcome to take the load. I could use some down time.

Now yall are gonna have to excuse me, a customer just called and wants a service call. Its 2 hours in each direction, and there is at least one hour of work waiting for me..so Ill be back in 6 or so hours.

Might I suggest you spend your time kicking a cripple, or pulling the wings off flys? .Im sure its gotta be more entertaining than posting to somone (me) whom only holds you and your ilk in contempt.

Gunner

"You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass." Tpr. M. Padgett

"Let's Roll." Scott Beamer, United Airlines Flight 93, Sept. 11, 2001

Reply to
Gunner

Which war is that, Gunner? The Iraq war that ended a few months ago and which has sunk into a bloody occupation, or the perpetual "war against terror" that's now being used to justify claims of "treason" for anyone who doesn't fall into line behind the administration?

This is a crock of bull. Miller is a moralist, and an honest one, but he's blown his wad on this issue. I read the original memo, and it's a typical political strategy document, nasty as they typically are. It specifically says to use only data that has been DECLASSIFIED! It's the same data you or I could obtain. The only thing the Dems on the committee are doing that anyone else couldn't do is to attach their comments to the committee's assessments -- comments that they state right in the memo will be based on the facts uncovered in an investigation of several members of the administration. That's politics, and such an investigation is something a lot of us are looking forward to. The administration either cooked the data about Iraq or not; we deserve to know which it is.

They recruited Miller out of a teaching job at Emory University. It's time for him to go back, where he can teach all the kids how nasty politics is and how to be good little utopians.

Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

snip

I'm not looking to attack Gunner personally, I think he's a good man, I just disagree with his political views.

Reply to
ATP

The case is not closed, and the DOD is evidently pissed off at the neocon scum who leaked the information.

Reply to
ATP

Hmm. Of what? Oh never mind.

Geeze Bob, I finally managed to convince him to quit crossposting all the OT politico stuff, now yer gonna ask for more?!

Jim

jim rozen

I guess I've been out of the loop, is this in response to the CIA agent who got outted??

Jim

jim rozen

The NeoCon Scum that leaked the information, may well be Jay Rockefeller, the same fellow that wrote the Lets bust Bushes ass for political gain.

Though..last time I looked..Rockerfeller was a Dem.

Gunner

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Reply to
Gunner

You mean the CIA office job analyist whos husband was a strong Clinton Gore supporter and Bush basher, and whom regularly told people his old lady worked for the CIA? That one? I believe he even mentioned it in his book.

Chuckle...gotta love spin from the Left. Momma was hardly a spook.

Gunner

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Reply to
Gunner

What was his motivation in leaking that particular document, which was used in a lame attempt to justify Bush linking Iraq and Al Qaeda?

Reply to
ATP

"Gunner" wrote >

We eat lots of beans, rice and maccaroni

I'm told that broiled cat goes good with all that starch.;-) Tom

Reply to
Tom Wait

And lo, it came about, that on Wed, 19 Nov 2003 20:17:32 GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking , Gunner was inspired to utter:

Sounds like what you "need" is my work. As in "I have this machinery whot needs brokering/fixing/what have you." Wish I could do that. But my whine is "I don't recall being asked if I wanted to be the Responsible Adult, or ever asking to be The Responsible Son. It just got tossed up and I said 'some body ought to do that and it looks like it's mine'." Good fortune, that's all I can say.

Ran into Lon today at school. He's retired, but comes in to learn from The Master. Max is retired too, but been "retired" longer. (neither one wears a watch - they're retired.) Anyway, Max has forgotten more about lathes and mills than the rest of us know - and Lon figures the only way to learn this stuff is be there when Max makes a repair call. And I hang around and listen. "KIds" get tolerated if they stay out of the way (I'm still under fifty - that still makes me a "kid.")

tschus pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Cats, the other white meat. Them is friends and better than drugs or booze for stress management.

Gunner

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Reply to
Gunner

Did you see the Memo? What more political can there be, in doing your own version of the Reichstad fire?

Gunner

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Reply to
Gunner

"I'm stuck with what I've got"? Do you realize that's your choice also? As long as you say, that you're stuck, that's exactly what you get. You choose to be stuck.

You're 50? By today's standards you're a young man, with most likely another 30 to go. You have a lot of choice in how you intend to spend those next 30 years.

Given your situation as you describe it, I understand your anger and frustration. What I do not understand, is why so much of it is directed at "liberals", democrats, etc.

Abrasha

Abrasha