Gunner and my 16X40 Victor lathe

I've seen a bunch of flaming of this guy signing as Gunner Asch. I found out that he had a bunch of experience tweaking and tuning machine tools. I tried him and Yep. He went thru my 16X40 Victor lathe in just a couple of hours tweaking and tuning to the point that I can now turn a taper only when I want to. He also took the time to give me a hands-on tutorial on thread cutting with the lathe and I learned a lot about my lathe in a short time. More in fact than I learned in a Jr.College machine class. I haven't examined his abillities as a political adviser, but as a machine tool tuner, and from what I saw a good machine shop instructor. I recommend him. P.S. To the flamers, he is over 6' and over 200# so I suggest keeping the flaming on the newsgroup and don't try it face-to-face.

stu

Reply to
Stuart & Kathryn Fields

The only people who do not like Gunner are the lefty anti-gun guys. And they don't count. Besides, it's just plain dumb to piss of a Gunnery Sargent Sharp Shooter. He can get from distances that you cannot even see from

Reply to
Gerry

I haven't met him, but I haven't seen any bad advice from him, unlike some of the idiots who pollute the newsgroup.

Now where is the fun in that? Do you want all his cats to starve? They LOVE char broiled flamers for din din.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

LOL. You may not be aware but most have us have seen recent pictures of the old man and it's not a sight to set one atremble.

So how much did he pay you? :-)

Jeb

Reply to
Jeb

"Gunnery Master Sargent Sharp Shooter"? ROFLMAO

Show us some credible cites as the man would say.

As for those distances, is that with glasses? How many beta blockers would that entail?

Jeb

Reply to
Jeb

LOL. Well every time you look in a mirror you're meeting one of the biggest idiots on the group. To suggest that you have the wherewithal to differentiate between good and bad advise has yet to arise, as nobody has yet to inquire as to the lethality of microphones at 20 paces, a subject which you alone have the self-professed expertise to comment on.

Obviously you haven't seen a recent pic. The most obvious reaction would be to ask him, would he like a lift back to the home.

Jeb

Reply to
Jeb

Jeb wrote in news:frufk6$pmb$ snipped-for-privacy@aioe.org:

1,000,000,000,000,000 times more than you're worth.
Reply to
Eregon

LOL. Where'd ya get that figure? Future estimated US spending for the war on "terror"?

Jeb

Reply to
Jeb

Jeb wrote in news:frunmi$onp$ snipped-for-privacy@aioe.org:

Any number times ZERO equals ZERO.

Reply to
Eregon

On a par with the value of your opinion.

Reply to
Jeb

I especially like the ones with the Benelli. But don't worry, you're incapable of provoking him or anyone else for that matter. But that's ok, you are entertaining.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I'm not ALWAYS an idiot nor do I ALWAYS pollute!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

So you're into poseurs? :-) >

But don't worry, you're incapable of provoking him or anyone else for that matter. >

That's reassuring to know, that what I posted, is recognized as fact by the group at large and is accepted as such.

But that's ok, you are entertaining.

Well, thankee.

Jeb

Reply to
Jeb

No so much accepted; dismissed is a better term.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Jeb wrote in news:frugjg$teh$ snipped-for-privacy@aioe.org:

hrm...... I don't seem to recall having seen any worthy advice from you, whereas I see apt, professional, well-rounded machining or machine advice from Gunner. I've been in the machining industry a long time, and I design, build and program multi-axis CNC machines, robotic cells and automation, as well as run, troubleshoot and maintain them. While Gunner may express his political views, which is his perogative, his advice as to machines and machining is almost always spot-on and accurate.

So I suggest you take your trolling ass and crawl back under the rock from which you came. Don't go away mad..just...go away.

Reply to
Anthony

You are on the other list, Tom. I'm sure you could show the machines you've built for your business, and explain, in detail exactly how they work to anyone who is interested.

As far as pollution, I doubt you play with lead contaminated toys, then whine about it, online.

Telling a few bad jokes doesn't make you an idiot, and replying to the trolls isn't pollution, if it's effective. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

If you're assuming that silence is acquiescence, think again. "The group at large" probably recognizes that you're full of annoying and petty crap, and just doesn't waste their time on you. I certainly won't.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Lo and Tom Gardner spake for the multitude. Idiot mode again, Tom?

Reply to
Jeb

Anthony you may be everything you claim but you're certainly lacking basic comprehension skills. My above post was not addressed to gunner in any shape or form, I suggest you pull your head out of your ass and try and keep up with the play.

As for posting, I suggest you practice what you preach, the list is hardly overwhelmed with the benefit of your self-professed expertise.

Reply to
Jeb

Oh Ed, what an ass your post makes of you. You say something and do another. I suggest you go back to points scoring with Unka', being a big frog in a small pool. That you continually pontificate about things unrcm makes you the perennial PITA.

Reply to
Jeb