Found a source for cheap D1-4 10 inch faceplates

I was looking for a D1-4 mount faceplate for my lathe. Being a "cheap screw" the sources that I found were all expensive. I contacted Harbor Freight as several of their lathes use a D1-4 mount. I just received this unit and have not yet mounted it, but it appears to be a substantial casting and well made.

===== info from Harbor Freight =========== F3001 FACE PLATE (HEAD STOCK) 28.80 Here is the part#, description, and price plus 3.95 freight charge. ..............

This is a special order item and you will need to contact tech service direct. I dealt mainly with:

Dexter Nunnery Technical Support snipped-for-privacy@harborfreight.com

Hope this will be of help to one of our participants.

Unka' George (George McDuffee) .............................. Only in Britain could it be thought a defect to be "too clever by half." The probability is that too many people are too stupid by three-quarters.

John Major (b. 1943), British Conservative politician, prime minister. Quoted in: Observer (London, 7 July 1991).

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

What is the part number? I can't find this item on the HF web site.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mulhollan

====== as indicated below ===============