Free Agent?

It was primitive enough not to be all that engaging, but no, not malware.

What does the version 6 user interface look like?

Still mostly keyboard driven? Does a scroll mouse work?

Reply to
Richard

Yes, at least my Ms wireless one does.

Version 6 only costs $29 US, why bother with earlier versions.

It did take me a while to re-do all my filters from version 4, they seem to work slightly differently for cross posts. Very easy to get rid of "one hammer" (TMT) and budgie except when non filtered people reply to them in RCM. All crosspostings are banned, it reduces the rubbish by at least 100 posts per day.

Alan

Reply to
alan200

I may just have to pony up for the current version.

The cross posting (for those who have automatic filters running) seems to be tapering off a bit, but it's still way over the top.

People complaining about what OTHER people do - but can't control themselves...

Reply to
Richard

Greetings Alan, How do you get Agent to filter out crossposts? I am using the latest version of Agent. Thanks, Eric

Reply to
etpm

G'day Eric

Go to Tools scroll down to Usenet filter

enter expression in box { +\,. }

select kill

make sure rec.crafts.metalworking is in folder box

this will kill one crossposted newsgroup. To kill multiple crossposts, make more filters.

enter expression in box { +\,. +\,. } will kill 2 crossposts

{ +\,. +\,. +\,. } will kill 3 crossposts and so on

You must put a space after the first curly bracket and between each expression and before the last curly bracket.

If you would like to email direct, change the OZ in my address to au

Alan

Reply to
alan200

On Fri, 21 Oct 2011 21:42:04 +0800, snipped-for-privacy@iinet.net.oz wrote: Thanks a bunch Alan. I'm sure others here will also find the info below useful. Cheers, Eric

Reply to
etpm

There's an easier way, at least in recent versions of Agent. Go to Folder Properties->Receiving Messages->Usenet Crossposting and there are a bunch of fill in the blank options for dealing with xposting.

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Thanks for reminding me, I had forgotten that.

When I checked it was set to reject 2 or more Crossposts.

All we have to do now is persuade RCM members to not reply to posts not originating from RCM then budgie and others like him would not appear on my screen. He is killfiled, so only shows on RMC replies.

Alan

Reply to
alan200

How many 'OT' types can you fit in a restaurant dumpster?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Wouldn't a jack hammer with a flat 1' square plate at the end work better than a shredder? :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

What people? You set them up in a row, like a rock crusher at a quarry. Make the whole thing slope about 15° down hill and put a huge, 'FREE POT!!! Get yours while supplies last!!!' sign over the top opening. They'll be shoving each other out of the way to get their 'fair share'. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That was said to be the typical demise of ivory hunters who missed the brain of the charging bull elephant. Supposedly the elephant needs about half an hour to be satisfied with the results.

Burial was not considered necessary, or possible.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

"Michael A. Terrell" on Sat, 19 Nov 2011

15:48:06 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Like the guy jumping up and down on the manhole saying "15. 15,

15 15!" till someone walks up and asks "Fifteen what". "Well, that a look" reply's the man, opening up the manhole and helping the guy down. He then closes the manhole, and starts jumping up and down saying "Sixteen, I got Sixteen!"

tschus pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

You got there a few days later. ;-)